Chapter Twenty

PREVIOUSLY~

With the discovery of Umi's plans and the advancement of Millefiore's forces, Tsuna and the others had set out to deal with the Choice, leaving Mikoshima and the other Codes to take care of the underground headquarters.

Everything was more or less going well, however the only problem is with Kuno Ame who's still caged up in her room. The Codes are already trying their utmost to convince her regarding Umi, but there were no improvements so far.

Add, just who was that woman running away from those Italian mafia men? She seems to be carrying an item that could help a certain woman?

● ● ● ● ●

Not intended pun there folks, it's just for the mysterious effect. Anyway, shall we proceed with this chapter normally?

💃💃💃💃💃

Stopping from his tracks, Mikoshima could only gulp and sweat as he faced the door.

After doing a lot of thinking, he was now prepared to face the beast-ahem, his friend to talk about Umi. He knows that now isn't the perfect timing for doing such. But, like what the others had said, if she remains that way, there's a chance she might be in danger and that's the least he wanted to occur.

Raising his hand, he knocks the door lightly. "Kuno, you here?" he calls out.

He then waits for an answer, only to be greeted by silence. He pops a vein. How he wanted to smash the door open right now. Just how stubborn can she get? Though at least unlike others, she knows that she needs to live by eating the meals sent to her. Then, again, how can a girl like her survive without getting out of her room to clean herself up? Does it have a built in bathroom? Jokes aside, Umi was indeed correct back then when she said that Ame was an emotional individual.

Speaking of the girl, if the Umi of the past were to see this, maybe she would be murdering him right now. Heck, what's more if he met the future one? He shuddered at the thought. He knows just how crazy that girl is when it comes to the girl she treasures, like a real blood sister.

"Kuno, I know you're in here. But, I won't force you to come out. I just want you to listen to me okay?" he says, which again silence greeted. Well, as they say, "Silence means yes.".

💃💃💃💃💃

'I won't question you further. Though, promise me that you would try to at least not get a single scratch.'

It was that one statement that had Ame feel relief. Yet, also the sentence that made her feel so much confusion right now.

Ame was in a rollercoaster of emotions for the past few days. From the information of Umi become an enemy, which escalated from dying and then, poof the truth is it was part of the plans from girl she trusts and all.

Just what was real?

She grabbed onto one of the pillows and gave it a hard squeeze.

Her mind was continuously wandering off from place to place.

When she heard the news of Umi dying, that time she was literally crestfallen. She even wanted to attack Millefiore's headquarter, if it weren't for her body acting up immediately. In simpler terms, fainting.

Though, she was gradually relieved when she heard from the others that it was only but a scheme and explained as to what was the truth. At first she was angry, making her go at them angrily acting like not herself for the past few days by locking herself up. But, during those days she was locked up, she came to a thinking.