Chapter Thirty Three

Warning!!! A part of this chapter has some very descriptive gore. Please be careful when reading.

A few days later, weekend and early in the morning, Umi went to the police station to inquire whether the watch was returned back to its owner or not. She had been busy for the past few days due to some school stuff, only today and the next was the free time that she could drop by at the said building.

She even invited Mikoshima on this, but the other was busy despite his desire to go and join. In simple terms, the Mikoshima Family outing. As for Ame, she was dragged by her aunt somewhere in Japan(More like just around their place in Namimori.).

Umi could only sweat drop as she literally heard the girl yelling profanities that didn't suit her age from the other line.

The two eventually expressed their sentiments about their own events when they were talking to her on the telephone, which Umi accepted understandingly knowing fully the two and stuff before hanging up.

And such thing had totally triggered Umi's memories making her chuckle a bit, before her face turning expressionless next.

She admits, she felt a bit envious of her friends. They had caring and wonderful families. Whilst, she and her brother were a bit misfortunate if she may say.

Going back to our current situation, Umi met the police that they had entrusted the watch to and greeted as she was finally in the building.

"Good morning, Sir!" she playfully saluted.

The young police officer who saw her action laughed, he then responded back with a salute as he had the girl seated.

"So, what's you're business young girl?"

"You know my business well...ehehe.." she shyly held the back of her neck.

"You do know you can't fool me with that Umi-chan." the man pointed with a sigh, but nonetheless answers the younger.

"The watch was safely claimed by the owner. More so, the owner of the watch came from an amazing background among the top too."

"Really?"

Umi blinked when she heard that.

For sure, her initial impression towards the person was right. Since, no one would wear a watch that expensive, though she never expected that the other person was that much as the other had told her.

"Yes!" the man enthusiastically nod, before adding. "In fact, when he got his watch back, he adamantly asked for your name. I told him that he didn't have to do that knowing you don't want to complicate on things that much and your only purpose was to just return it, yet he still insisted. So, in the end I gave out your name."

Umi who heard that could not help but nearly collapse from her spot.

Heck, how did this guy became an officer when he just gives out information this easily? Is he that too upright and honest?

"Hey, you do know that personal information shouldn't be given to somebody that easily right? Do you want me to get kidnapped or something, Sir?"

Hearing her voice that out, the police officer sweats profusely and defended himself.

"Hey! I wouldn't give your name if I didn't know that man well! I assure you, he's a good person."

Umi narrowed her eyes to the other, although not telling her thoughts out loud the man the way she looked at him speak outs what she had in mind.

He sighs, "Okay, I'm sorry if I gave out your name and address." he said.

"Though, trust me! If I said that man is a good person, he is a good person. I wouldn't necessarily share your name with other people if I don't know them." he continues, with a hand held out in a promising gesture.