Chapter Seventeen

Greed.

A scary thing that could make people lose their morals, not to mention, them recognizing themselves as mortals.

Though, what is the reason or the root cause as to why people hunger for more?

Answer: No one knows. After all, human beings differ in many ways. And we can not say that a person cannot be greedy at some point in their lifetime.

💃💃💃💃💃

Umi could only blink as she glances at the two teens both in surprise and relief.

Surprise, in a sense, she did not expect that those two were now getting along.

Relief, as finally she can be at peace because the teens are over with their angst period.

And by now she guessed that those two will be partnering for the crimes-Ahem, for the hide-and-seek of secrets. Not like she even cared though as it got nothing to do with her, or is it?

Her brows furrowed as she twirls her pencil between her fingers.

Yesterday she was very shock to see Byakuran in front of her household. As she did not expected the said male to visit, no-more like, to come. Add, Byakuran involving her to mafia business, which, she rejected the invitation thank you very much.

That made her a bit curious as to why the man seemed acting so familiar with her when they were together. He was acting like they're friends.

Yes, she is very familiar with the man, but not to the extent that she would bravely call him in his first name. She could consider him as a friend in the level of getting-to-know-each-other kind. But, still not on the friend that you could be able to share things and stuff. Moreover, as a mob, she prefers watching her idols do their thing instead of being involved.

Also, she does not want to make assumptions, but it seems like his and Ame's way of interacting with her is somehow connected.

After all, the main reason for Ame's and Mikoshima's argument was this telling-or-not-telling-Umi-about-the-mafia and whatnot. To be short, it is about her.

However, just what was this thing with her?

She leans backwards.

From what Mikoshima told her-the part when he indirectly asked for an advice by using the "I have a friend..." excuse mind you- he clearly stated that, Ame wouldn't want to tell her the mafia business no matter what and she had the reason for that. Whatever reason it was, currently she does not know. Mikoshima only told her indirectly that Ame doesn't want to tell and that was it.

Not to mention,...

"Hey, Kuno..."

"Hm?"

Mikoshima points towards Ame's ring finger on the right. "What's with the ring?"

"Oh, this? My future self gave it to me." Ame happily talked as she started to explain the details as to what was the ring and all.

Umi could only deadpan and internally weep at a corner.

The heck, why is everything happening so fast?!

As a mob without a cheat, much more who got less connections with the characters of the series, Umi felt as if some people were definitely trying to curse her of being left behind with things.

From the beginning and now it was going half,... Umi could only curse dear fate as she grit her teeth while thinking of that.

"Umi!!!"