Two

The Next Day
I woke up and Oscar I could hear from the kitchen talking to Ceaser about how he was having to get accepted into the gang. I went to reach for my phone and just went through my texts. My mom wondering where I was, missed calls from a no caller ID and a text from Mike.

Mike: hey my dad needs someone to work 9-3 during the week at his dentist as reception if you're interested call me later

I left it on read and figured I'd call him later when Oscar walked in holding a packet of cigarettes. "Morning mi hija" he greeted as he handed me a cigarette. "Good morning" I lift it to my lips, grabbed the lighter from the bedside and lit the cigarette. "What were you and Ceaser talking about?" I was curious. "He's going to have to get jumped in soon, I know he doesn't want to but it's what needs to be done" he was stern with his answer before taking a drag. I've always had a dislike to the gang lifestyle. Watching my brother have it run his life annoyed me a lot when he was out. It's a lot of drama, a lot of danger and he would forget that he had a family he should've been taking care of. "Well if I was you I wouldn't make him do what he doesn't wanna do", then he looked at me funny. "Well you're not me and you don't understand shit so mind your fucking business" he screamed at me. I was taken back, "excuse me?". We actually ended up arguing over this and I was too sore and hung over for this shit. "You know what I'm just going to go", I stood up putting on my leggings. He dragged the argument as I collected my shit and was about to head out the door when the door was shut before me and my body was then slammed against it. Oscar enraged with anger his face was going red, before his fist goes right into the door just passing my head. My jaw dropped and he turned around pacing. "What the fuck", I turned around turning the knob and started to head out "fuck you oscar". After slamming the door and making a scene in front of some of the boys I walked out of the house and down the road I went.

: mike, wyd come over