Seven

Work was pretty slow and tomorrow I was having a day off. I was saying goodbye to Mr Brown when I got a text, it was Cash.

Cash: hey stranger
: hey
Cash: how are you
: I'm alright wbu
Cash: I've been thinking about you
: that's nice jk
Cash: well there's a thing at this bar tomorrow night would u like to come keep me company
: where is it?
Cash: it's in Stockton, my friend is performing and he can drive us home
: Idk who's paying for my drinks
Cash: ofc I will my lady
: I don't think I'm gonna come thanks for the invite though
Cash: you made me sad😰😰
: sorry😫
Cash: 😎😘

I put my phone down then started my car and left the parking lot. While I was driving home I saw Ceaser with his head in his hands sitting on the curb. I pulled over and asked what if he was okay. When he looked up it looked like he'd been crying so I told him to get into the car. "What's been going on? Are you okay?" I was concerned because he was only 14 and had his own shit going on that I only have a glimpse of. "I'm losing my friends because my brother wants me to join the gang and I don't know what to do", he was looking like he was having an anxiety attack. I sighed, "how about we go get ice cream?". He nodded and off we went. Ceaser has a chance to vent and we just sat in my car watching the sunset before I dropped him off to his friends house. I was friends with Oscar when Ceaser was born so to an extent I see him as my own younger brother. After I dropped him off I went to Oscar's. He was sitting out the front with the rest of the boys and it was kinda intimidating walking up towards them. Oscar saw me and ordered everybody to go inside and that they did. We both said hi then I sat down on the front step where he then sat beside me. "I took Ceaser for a drive today", I said looking at the floor. I started to go on about what he was talking about and how he feels like this life just wasn't for him. Oscar seemed like he was taking what I was saying into consideration til he said he didn't want to talk about it. I sighed, "well so much for I need space huh?". He laughed, "why don't you come inside?". I shook my head, "I don't think so, we all know how that ends up". He leaned over to kiss me on the cheek and I blushed. "Okay that's my que to leave" I stood up dusting off the dirt off my ass, "have a good night okay". I walked to my car and drive off.

3 hours later

I was practically ripping apart my car trying to find my wallet. I don't know where I could've left it. I had already checked my house but I swear I didn't. Then I remembered I took it out when I went to see Oscar for some dumb reason. I was annoyed at myself and tried to call Oscar but he didn't answer. So I left my house walking since his house wasn't far and just hoped for the best. I was approaching his house and I couldn't see my wallet on the front. I went to knock on the door but nobody was answering. I looked through the window and I could see the lights in the backyard were on and I could hear talking. I ended up going around the back to see if Spooky was there and what I was seeing had me freeze. It was Ceaser getting jumped by like 6 boys including Spooky. I was gobsmacked. Oscar stepped back, breathing heavily when he looked up and his jaw dropped when he saw me standing there. I turned around and ran out. Oscar followed behind me calling my name. I started to cry as I made my way to the street. "Carly what are you doing here" he grabbed me forcing me to face him. I just shook in his hands. I was having a panic attack. My heart was pounding, I felt like I couldn't breathe and the tears were making it difficult for me to try and say anything. He started to calm me down and my breathing started to become normal. "I came for my wallet", I looked down still shook. He said okay then ran into the house and grabbed it then came running back with a bottle of water. "Look, here, you need to relax" he handed me the water and my wallet. I threw the bottle at his face and he cussed at me. "I cannot believe you're doing this to him", I screamed at him. "It's what needs to be done!" He fought back. "But he's just a child and he doesn't need this shit", I replied. "Well he doesn't have a choice, I didn't get one neither did any of the other boys so what makes him special?!" He was really up in my face. My tone went quieter, "he's your brother". He kept going about this lifestyle is set in stone for him and his brother but I'm sorry I just don't believe it. I ignored him and started making my way down the street. He finally stopped calling at me but I could hear him kicking shit on the porch. When I got home in went under my covers and unlocked my phone.

: hey I'll come tomorrow night, I need some free drinks rn
Cash: nice I'll get you at 7 be ready 😇