8. Blossoming

The love that had blossomed that night was only the beginning of many new adventures and stories. Afterwards, the two had gone back home and slept peacefully. So peacefully that Jack ended up sleeping later than usual. Mary Poppins, of course, wasn't fazed and easily awoke the next morning to prepare breakfast for the Banks. Fortunately for her, they couldn't tell anything unusual had happened and were just glad to have breakfast. It was nearly the afternoon and the autumn breeze could be heard rattling on outside. This didn't stop the Banks however as they wanted to explore the outdoors and nature. At this point, Jack would have already visited so they questioned his whereabouts.

"He's awfully late today" Annabel pointed out

"D'ya think he slept in?" Georgie asked with a giggle

"Possibly but why? Exhausted probably?" Annabel thought hard but nothing came to mind "I have no idea"

"Do you know, Mary Poppins?" John asked

"Maybe ask him yourself when he arrives" Mary Poppins replied with a smile "I have a feeling he's on his way"

A few moments after she spoke those words, the knock that they had all been waiting for arrived.

"He's here!" Georgie cheered excitedly

Opening up the door, they were greeted by a grinning Jack. As the children greeted him with a hug, he gave a small wink at Mary Poppins who rolled her eyes with a smile before looking away.

"Did you sleep in?" Georgie asked

"I did" Jack laughed

"No wonder you came later than usual" Annabel nodded

"Are you three off somewhere?" Jack asked as he looked at their outdoor clothes

"We wanted to go out for a little walk, explore our surroundings" John explained "we'll be staying here for a while so might as well learn more about it"

"Good plan" Jack agreed

"Do you want to come?" Georgie asked

"I'd love to but I'm a little exhausted today, You three can have a sibling bonding time"

"We have a lot of that already" Annabel sighed "but if you're tired I guess that can't be helped"

Pushing her brothers out the door, she waved goodbye to them before closing door gently behind her. Tidying up the kitchen, Mary Poppins busied herself as Jack silently watched her.

"And what are you up to?" She asked "I thought you would have wanted to go with them"

"Yes, it sounds fun but I'd like to stay here" he grinned

"Oh please" she rolled her eyes "you're just going to be a bother"

Just as she said that, Jack took the rag from her hand.

"Hey." She sighed

"Ah-ah. You should rest" he gestured to a seat "now let me, it is a Tuesday after all"

"Bothersome indeed" hesitant at first, she eventually sat down on a chair as he wiped around the kitchen

Making her a cup of tea, he began to sweep the floor, wash the dishes and arrange the plates. Unable to stop him, Mary Poppins had to stay put as he tidied up.

"There." He smirked "perfect."

"You're such a tease" she groaned childishly "pathetic" a smile was on her face as Jack proudly looked at his work

Standing up, she began to wash the cup. Suddenly, Jack's arms were wrapped around her waist as he continued to give her a back hug. Biting her lip, she leaned back as he rested his chin on her shoulder. Putting the cup away, she turned around and faced him. Placing her arms around his neck he gently bumped his forehead onto hers. Trying to keep straight faces, it eventually failed and the two were smiling from ear to ear.