11. Reminisce

The time Michael and Jane spent with the children were precious as they knew it would be another while before they would see each other again. On their last day, all of them gathered in the living room with some tea and biscuits. Cozying up by the fire, laughter and joy rang out through the walls of the house.

"Wow..." Michael exclaimed "who knew that we would be in Mary Poppins very own living room, it's quite interesting"

"Seeing her twice was a shock but seeing her for the third and fourth time was even more shocking. At this rate, I'll be getting used to seeing her" Jane laughed

"I remember when Mary Poppins first arrived at our front door... we had just gotten rid of a different nanny" Michael smiled to himself "didn't know we needed that much help as children"

"Well, we were quite... messy"

"Unfortunately, your children have caught your messy genes" Mary Poppins pointed out "their bedroom needs a lot of sorting out"

"Uh..." Annabel looked at her brothers "whoops..."

"Whoops indeed, I'm expecting them to be clean later"

"Don't worry" Georgie giggled "we'll clean it up! Promise!"

"Do you remember when we cleaned our bedroom before?" Jane laughed "Poor Michael couldn't snap his fingers, then he got stuck in the wardrobe"

"He what?" John snorted

"You should have seen it, I can't believe I forgot about it 'til now"

"My my, how could I ever forget that... those silly things wanted to finish off their musical piece" Mary Poppins sighed

"Definitely helped make cleaning up more fun" Michael laughed as he remembered "what was that song again... uh... something about spoons..."

"Spoonful of sugar, Michael" Jane said, helping him

"Ah! Yes! Helps the medicine go down!" Michael clapped his hands happily as he remembered

"Do you remember the tune Mary Poppins?" Jane asked "sing a bit of it for us"

"What? How absurd" Mary Poppins rolled her eyes and looked away

"Oh come on" Jack pleaded "I'd love to hear it"

"Please!" Georgie pouted cutely

Shaking her head, Mary Poppins smiled and cleared her throat.

"♪ Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, the medicine go down, the medicine go down. Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down..."

"... in a most delightful way! ♪" Jane and Michael sang together

"How lovely!" Jack winked

"My favourite song will always be the one with Bert... Chin? Chinny? Something..." Michael scratched his head trying to remember

"Chim Chim Cher-ee?" Jack pitched in

"Why yes! How'd you know?"

"He sang that to me a couple of times, you could often hear him humming it as he worked" Jack smiled "fond memories of mine as a little boy"

"Sounds like so much fun!" Annabel smiled "I wish I could have been there!"

"But dear, you'll create your own memories. Some probably even greater than ours! You've also had the pleasure of having Mary Poppins as your nanny, nothing can get better than that" Jack replied, patting her head

"I suppose, but it would have been fun to see you all as children" Annabel laughed

"Oh that would have been terrible to see" Michael covered his head "I wasn't the cutest looking child"