9. Surprise

That night as the three siblings went to bed. Jack and Mary Poppins sat on the sofa together.

"There's a little secret I've been hiding, it's for the children upstairs" Jack said

"Oh? And what might that be?"

"Before I left London to come here, Michael and Jane said they would come and visit"

"How wonderful!"

"It is! But I'd like to find a way to surprise them because they'd be absolutely delighted"

"When will they arrive?"

"They should have arrived today, they'll come here tomorrow"

"How about we have them make breakfast for the children? We can both hide away somewhere so that they only see their father and aunt"

"Wonderful idea! As expected" Jack gave her a small kiss before standing up "Well, I better go and tell them of the plan, goodnight"

"Goodnight, Jack" she said following him to the door

At the doorstep, Jack turned around and hugged her tight. Shocked, Mary Poppins gave a little smile and kissed his forehead.

"Off you go, silly"

Giving her another kiss, he smirked before turning away.

"See you tomorrow"

As he walked away, Mary Poppins just watched behind him. Shaking her head, she smiled before closing the door.

Mary Poppins woke up early the next day. The sun was just beginning to rise. Leaving her bedroom, she walked into the children's room and noticed they were still in a deep sleep. Heading downstairs, she put on a jacket and went outside. It was beginning to get colder and she could feel the cold wind biting at her skin. Jack said he would be here early, she thought to herself.

After a few minutes of waiting, she saw three figures heading her direction. Mary Poppins smiled at them as they came closer.

"Mary Poppins!" Jane exclaimed

"Sh" Mary Poppins pointed upstairs "we don't want them waking up"

"Ah! Right" Jane giggled

"How lovely to see you, Mary Poppins!" Michael said with a nod of his head

"Indeed, now come inside. It's chilly out here."

Walking in, Jack follow behind them. Quickly giving her a small kiss before skipping inside. Mary Poppins rolled her eyes before shutting the door. The adults all ventured into the kitchen.

"You do know how to cook breakfast, I believe?" Mary Poppins asked Michael

"Of course I do, how difficult can it be" he replied, a little nervous

"Oh come on, Michael, I'll just teach you" Jane replied

"Right, I'll leave you to it" Mary Poppins grabbed Jack "we'll be out in the garden if you need help"

"Alright! Thank you" Jane giggled

Out in the garden, the two sat on the bench looking at the morning scenery. Turning to look at the window, Mary Poppins sighed as she saw Michael move about completely flustered.

"Oh dear" she shook her head

"I'm sure he'll be fine" Jack held her hand and patted it gently "Jane's there"

30 minutes had passed and Annabel was the first sibling to wake. Rubbing her eyes sleepily, she looked around. Just then, Georgie also woke up. Spaced out, they suddenly heard a loud bang from the kitchen that awoke John.