Chapter 24: He Slept a Summer by My Side

Chapter 24 He Slept a Summer by My Side

Dean sat in the main room of the bunker, flashing back to the events at Magnus' house.

"Give me your hand. That's it." He heard Magnus say.

Then Sam. "Dean!"

And Hope. "Drop the Blade, Dean."

"Dean! Dean. Dean." Back in the present, Sam snapped his fingers in front of Dean's face, trying to get his attention. "What's wrong with you? You hear your phone?"

Dean shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts, and answered the phone. "It's about time. Where the hell have you been?" Dean snapped at Crowley.

"I told you I'd be in touch when I'd found Abaddon. Well...I'm in touch." Crowley replied.

"Where are you?"

"First thing's first." Crowley said. "I'll give you the location of the First Blade. You two fetch it, I'll keep her in my sights, then we'll remove her from the payroll for good." In his penthouse, Crowley looked up at Abbadon, who had been listening.

***********************

Sam, Dean, and Hope pulled up to the graveyard that Crowley sent them to. Castiel was busy trying to locate heaven and stop the angel civil war, so he couldn't come with them. When they located the right coffin, Sam and Dean hefted the lid.

"Oh, come on, Crowley!" Sam cried, disgusted. "You really, uh, uh, have to hide the Blade in a corpse? Not--not with a corpse, but in a corpse?"

Dean shrugged. "I got to say, it's not the first place I'd look. All right, here we go."

Suddenly a low growl sounded in the distance. "Do you guys hear that?" Hope asked.

Dean nodded. "I'm guessing Hellhound." There was another growl, closer this time. "Go. Go!"

They ran into a mausoleum and locked the gate behind them. Dean frantically dialed Crowley's number.

"Hello?" Crowley answered.

"Damn it, Crowley, the grave is guarded!" Dean yelled.

Crowley frowned. "That's absurd."

"A Hellhound!"

Crowley shook his head. "No, no, no. She was collected."

"The hell she was!" Hope yelled.

"Guys!" Sam called from the gate, where the hound was invisibly smacking against the metal bars.

"Time was, no one would dare disobey the King." Crowley grumbled.

"Guys!" Sam called again.

"I'm gonna put you on speaker." Dean told Crowley.

Crowley's voice came over the speaker, soft as velvet. "Juliet? It's papa. Stand down." The growling stopped, and the gate was still. "You're welcome."

They hesitantly exited the mausoleum, kneeling again by the open coffin. "All right. Goin' in." Dean sighed.

"Hey, you know what?" Sam broke in. "Maybe, uh...maybe I should do this."

"Sam, it's fine. I--I-I can safely grab it without...you know..."

"Dean," Hope insisted, "let him."

Dean nodded and Sam reached into the corpse, grimacing as he pulled out the First Blade covered in a slimy liquid. "Well, let's go kill a Knight of Hell, huh?" Dean asked.

"Yeah." Sam nodded.

"Yeah." Hope agreed.

************************