Chapter 17: Battle Under the Moon Pt. 2

I froze as I saw Eric narrow his eyes. When he let the arrow fly, I still could not move. Then, Luna came out of nowhere, slashing a metal dagger. The arrow was cut in two and the pieces flew past me. 

"What the hell do you think you're doing!?" she yelled at me. "If you can't fight, get out of here! I'm busy enough as it is trying to stop all this! I don't have time to save you again."

Her Nidoqueen lumbered to her side, blocking another arrow from Eric.

Luna held out her hand. "Bow. Arrows. Now."

I hurriedly handed them over and Luna smiled gratefully before taking aim at Eric. He leaped out of the tree as her arrow hit the spot where his head would have been. 

She took off into the battle. "C'mon Nidoqueen."

Her Pokemon lumbered after her, knocking aside Pokemon and humans alike. Knowing what she said was true, I ran. I tried to avoid any conflicts I saw, not fully realizing where I was going until I reached the medical tree.

Meda was coming out and looked shocked to see me. "You're back?"

I nodded, out of breath. Taking a gulp of air, I said, "I don't know what to do! I can't- they're going to kill me!"

I was panicking. My stress levels were at their absolute high and I was scared of dying. How was I going to survive this.

"Slow down Liam," Meda said soothingly, grabbing my shoulders. "I know your situation."

My eyes widened. "What do you mean?"

Her eyes glowed green. "I see your destiny Liam. It's not clear, but I know enough. You must leave. Leave the Tribe's territory. Head to the Central Mountains."

"But," I didn't know what to say, unnerved by her glowing eyes.

"Listen to me," she said and her voice sounded more hollow, distant. "Following the path of giants, betrayal's pain sharply taken, three must go their separate ways, secrets risen from the grave, and forbidden light unleashed."

She shook her head, her eyes back to her normal teal. "Run Liam. Run far away."

I hesitated. "But-"

"There's no time," she said. "Find the one with hair like moonlight. She'll know the way."

She pushed me away and took off down the path, herbs bunched in her arms, her Shiinotic following her. I stood there for a couple seconds, trying to process what she had said. Who was-

"Luna," I breathed. I turned around and grimaced. I would be running right back into the fray of things. 

"Why me," I said, and ran back the way I had come. Only, I didn't get so far. The ground in front of me was ripped apart, a root jutting out of the ground. I tripped over it and crashed into the dirt, my spear flying out of my hands.

I turned on my back and saw Sceptile up in a tree, glaring down at me. It gave a sharp cry and aimed its tail at me. I had seen a Sceptile in action before in Galar, so I knew what they could do with their tails.

I rolled to one side, grasping my spear, just as a barrage of leaves struck the ground where I had been. Several of them struck me, slicing away at my clothes and one slicing a thin cut into my cheek. I scrambled to my feet and continued on running. 

I felt the forest shake, coming alive to kill me. Roots broke through the earth floor, trying to trip me and some flying high enough to smack me in the chest. I ducked below one such root and managed to keep my footing when I struck a root with my right foot. Ignoring the pain, I kept running. I felt the wind pick up behind me and a storm of leaves struck me in the back. I yelled in pain and fell into the dirt again.