Chapter 28: Hall of Giants

I gasped for breath, water raining down from my surfacing. I was in a dark circular room, the only light coming from bioluminescent plants in the water below, so most of it was in complete blackness.

Xera was pulling herself onto the smooth stone floor ahead of me, Luna already walking around. A bright flame lit up from a torch on the wall thanks to Luna, lighting up the room. As I hauled myself out of the water, I gazed at the curving walls in wonder. There were paintings and writing, hardly faded despite looking incredibly old.

"Woah," I breathed. "This is something else."

Luna lit another torch on fire that hung from the wall, inside a metal holder. I took it out and held it up to the wall for closer inspection. I could see a tower with two bird-like creatures flying, one rising from water and one descending from clouds, light appearing to radiate from him. I moved to the right slowly, seeing another painting. Three beings, seemingly representing the land, ocean, and sky, locked in battle, with a small tower in-between them, light also beaming from it. 

"Amazing," I traced my hand across it. "I recognize this."

"You do?" Luna looked at it. "There are many drawings all over this place, but this is the one room where the drawings are one of a kind. They seem to mark some sort of events."

"Yeah," I said. "At least this one does. I recognize it from texts I read about from Hoenn. Three legendary beasts, land, ocean, and sky, locked in a struggle that helped shape the world. But how would it be here."

I continued to go right, coming upon a drawing which mystified me to no end. Dark colors splashed on the left, meeting with a white color, both seeming to be opposing forces as they blended together. If I concentrated hard enough, I could see two figures, one in the black and one in the white. I stepped to the right, making sure not to fall in the water below as I had to stand closer to the wall. This one also showed a similar scene, but the black and white weren't as mixed and were smooth to the touch. Half of the circle was black with a white dot in the middle, the opposite true for the other half, each one ending with a curved end. However, the middle of the circle was broken up a little, grey color spilling out.

"The yin yang," I murmured, tracing it with my finger. "They discovered something similar in the Unovan Colony, but this grey part is something new."

I moved on to the next drawing, highlighting a tree. Half of it dead and the other half flourishing. The background colors were a mix of purple and green and I got a weird feeling in my gut just by looking at it. The final section of the wall had two pictures. One showed an altar, a sun and moon merged together, with black spread around it. The other half showed a sword and shield, covered in what looked like blood.

"This is weird," I said, looking around. "All of this, this isn't even about this island. It's like a montage of events around the world."

"As I said," Luna was standing next to a tunnel. "This is a strange room compared to the rest of the place. Best not to dwell on it too much. Now come on you two. You haven't even seen the main area."

I followed her and Xera out of the room, holding up the torch to the wall to my right. I saw a volcano erupting upon a village, a forest aflame, then a forest that was burnt. Finally, the last two images were of a giant Venusaur breathing life back into the ashes, then the forest was renewed, with Venusaur being consumed by the forest.

I stopped, staring at it. "Venusaur's Blessing."

Xera stopped beside me to look and gasped. "Exactly as the story described it."

"Hurry it up!" Luna called back to us, her voice echoeing through the hall of cracked stone.

We followed after her and stepped out of the hall and into a room where the word 'huge' didn't give it justice.