Chapter 23: Queen Bee

"We're so dead," I said, shaking as the Seikamater slithered over, making a fast clicking sound with her jaws.

The army of bugs around us backed up, creating a large circle around us, with the Seikamater looming over us. The bugs bowed to their queen, who's shadow drifted over us.

She eyed Yanmega and Dewpider, who began shaking. Yanmega's eyes began shifting, before he launched himself out of my arms. He landed on the ground and bowed to the Seikamater, which Dewpider did the same.

"You guys," I breathed, then glanced up at the Seikamater's eyes, which glowed a fiery red.

I felt Luna grab my arm. "Get ready to move."

"What?" I spun my head to look at her. "But, we can't!"

A burst of fire erupted to our side, sending Firokes and Harylects flying. Luna tugged me and I was caught off balance, still staring at Yanmega, who didn't react, still bowing to the queen. 

"YANMEGA!" I yelled, but Luna managed to drag me to the nearest tunnel, where a Firoke scuttled up to us, transforming into Zoroark. She snatched me up in her arms and ran after Luna and Xera.

"Let me go!" I demanded, pounding against Z's furry chest. "Let me do dammit!"

She snarled, shutting me up. She sped up, running past both Luna and Xera and leading us down several tunnels, before coming to a stop in the middle of one.

"Why'd we stop?" Xera asked, panting for breath. 

Z dropped me on the ground, knocking the breath out of me. She punched a certain part of the wall, busting it open to reveal a hidden tunnel that seemed to lead to a hidden chamber. 

As she led the way on all fours, Luna helped me up. "Just keep moving."

I didn't have a say in the matter at all, so I could only walk behind Z as we made our way into the large cavern. The sound of buzzing reached my ears and and something whizzed overhead into the tunnel. I heard Xera give a gasp of surprise and I stared in amazement. The cavern was filled with Beedrills, buzzing about. There were a couple honeycombs scattered along the wall, either containing drooping honey or Kakunas. Combees drifted in and out of the honeycombs, gathering the honey. 

"Unbelievable," Luna murmured. "They managed to stay hidden from the Seikamater and all the other bugs for who knows how long."

Several Beedrills hovered over to us, eyeing us. Z transformed into a Beedrill and began communicating through buzzing. After a minute, they flew away to help repair the hole in the wall behind us as Z transformed back into her human form.

"They're fine with us being here," Z's grin seemed feral. "However, not that it'll do us much good. We're trapped here either way."

"We need to go back," I said, turning back towards the tunnel. "We have to save him."

Luna swung her leg, knocking me off my feet. I landed on the ground, wincing in pain.

"Good luck with that," she said drily. "You wouldn't even be able to beat me in a fight in your advantage. What chance do you have against a creature like that?"

"It doesn't matter," I shouted, the buzzing in the cavern coming to a stop, the eyes of all the Beedrills and Kakunas on us. "I just can't leave him there."

Luna kneeled down next to me, gripping the front of my shirt, eyes cold. "Listen and listen well, Liam. I can tell that you lost someone dear to you."

I gripped my hand and she shook me slightly. "I know you don't want to lose anyone else close to you, but loss is part of life, especially here on this island. Besides, he's as good as gone now, him and Dewpider."