Two - Downpour

-

-

As soon as the school ended, I rushed out of the class with my backpack, ignoring Seokjin who was hollering my name with desperation in his tone. I was still mad at his prank during lunch, so I made sure to let him know that I would not acknowledge his presence no matter what.

And it was working, since I could hear footsteps chasing mine from the behind. I sighed in relief when I heard a group of students blocking his way by bidding him goodbyed and whatnots, giving me more time to increase the distance between us.

The sky was extremely gloomy as I stepped out of the school compound, with not a single trace of sunlight seen. My hands ransacked my backpack for the umbrella I had always kept just in case, and I grunted when I recalled forgetting my umbrella back at home.

My pace had slowed down slightly, as I was slowly getting out of breath (gosh, I needed to exercise more often) from the constant speed walking for the past ten minutes. And just as I was nearing the convenience store that was just approximately another five minutes walk from my house, the rain suddenly poured and boy, was it heavy.

Cursing underneath my breath, my legs scrambled towards the nearest shelter and when I was protected from the now heavy downpour, I dabbed my blazer and skirt in attempt to dry them at least just a little. Out of the blue, I suddenly heard wolf-whistles and glancing my eyes at the source, I felt disgusted to see a group of middle-aged men who were sitting together at a table eyeing me with excitement and lust practically written all over their faces.

Instinctively, my hands started tugging down my skirt to hide my exposed legs, and that somehow made the old men even more excited as they were now cheering. Just as I debated whether to run back home in the rain, I jumped as I suddenly felt something wrapped around my waist.

It was a blazer. Embroided above my school's logo was the three letters I dreaded oh so much.

Kim Seokjin

"Just stay still unless you want the perverted men over there continue gaping at you." Seokjin spoke as I glanced up at him in shock, and gulped while nodding when I realized he was already staring at me with an unreadable look.

We stayed in silence as we stood next to each other, our eyes focused on the pouring autumn rain, the sound of a vehicle passing by ocassionally joining the discordant melody of the rain. After a while, Seokjin decided to break the ice.

"Why didn't you bring your umbrella?" He asked, and I looked up at him before answering.

"I forgot to bring it. Left it to dry yesterday." I answered plainly, and he hummed in understanding.

And we were back to being silent. Then something hit me.

"What about you? Why didn't you bring yours?" I questioned, and furrowed my eyebrows at him.