Ten - Feathery

-

-

"You two look awfully close."

Upon hearing that, I whipped my head with a look of disbelief towards Seokjin who was driving with only a hand, another hand supporting his chin. We ended up getting into his car after ditching the nosy crowd back in the ward, and now we were heading to God knows where.

"And you sound awfully jealous for someone who didn't even bother sending me a 'Happy Birthday' text." I glared at him with my arms crossed.

Seokjin exasperated. "Yoora, that's why I'm here to bring you out alright? We both know that we are both busy with our lives, and you know that I can't be seen in the public. What I did back there was gonna get myself killed by my manager."

I remained quiet, my mind processing a million thoughts as I digested his words. What I feared most was really slowly haunting us, like a wolf hunting down its prey.

"Yoora?" Seokjin called out, his tone less sharp and softer this time. "I'm sorry, okay? It's just that I've been really busy and to be honest actually now I need to be at my company to prepare for a fan meeting tomorrow at Gwangju-"

Having enough, I finally opened my mouth to speak, cutting off him abruptly. "Stop the car."

"What?"

"I said, stop the car!" I exclaimed.

"Yoora! We are in the middle of a freaking highway!" He yelled back.

Tears were brimming my eyes as my lips trembled, and being unable to find the courage to face him, I turned my face away from him, and glanced out of the window instead. I felt so wronged, and the feeling was gnawing me up.

"Yoora, please look at me." Seokjin pleaded again, his right hand attempting to grab mine, but I snatched my hand away. "I'm sorry for raising my voice at you. Please just look at me. Yoora-"

"Why did you come to the hospital? Why now?" I questioned him while wiping my tears away with the back of my hands.

"It's your birthday. And I'm trying my best to make it up for you..." He replied, guilt evident in his voice. ".. for not being there for you lately."

"I know you're a busy man, Seokjin. You didn't need to sacrifice your public image and time for me, you know. All I needed was a simple 'Happy Birthday', and I would be able to receive your sincerity." I told him my honest thoughts, and watched him closely.

"I thought it would be better to be physically here for you. I wanted to surprise you with something I've prepared." He finally slowed down his car, and I noticed that we were in an empty parking lot next to a park. "Is it too late now?"

I slowly shook my head.

Smiling slightly, Seokjin reached over towards the backseat and pulled out a paper bag before passing it to me. "Happy birthday."