Twelve - Medusa

-

-

It was a little tough for me to readjust a whole new environment at this district hospital, but I eventually got the hang of it, and was fine with everything as time went by. The people here were evidently kinder and nicer, compared to the hospital staff I worked with back in Seoul- except Namjoon, of course.

I was glad that no one really cared about who and why I was here, volunteering to be working in a more rural hospital than a huge one in the metropolitan. I wouldn't deny the fact that the work was less stressful due to the less interesting cases here, but I still appreciated the serenity of this hospital.

"Yo, girly." A cheerful voice spoke as I felt a hand being placed on my shoulder, and I didn't need to turn around to know who it was.

"Yo, Hobi." I greeted as the doctor plopped down next to me on the bench before unwrapping his sandwich.

"Why are you always sitting here? It makes you feel so alone." Hoseok frowned, and laughed when I attacked him with a glare. "This is exactly why no one dares to approach you! You and your infamous RBF!"

Jung Hoseok was the same age as Namjoon, but instead of specializing in Paediatrics, he chose to be in Internal Medicine instead. Unlike Namjoon, he was a constantly cheerful guy, always seen smiling with his eye smile killing everyone who happened to look at him.

You know, like how Medusa turns guys into stones? Yeah.

Except Hoseok didn't have snakes for his hair.

"You're here though." I muttered with my mouth full, earning a disgusted look from him as he clicked his tongue.

"Sometimes I wonder why am I friends with you too." Hoseok chuckled, and stretched his arms after stuffing the rest of his sandwich into his mouth. "I'm so tired! I want to go home soon."

I laughed at his facial expression. "It's only two in the afternoon, Hobi."

"And you know what would make me even happier?" He suddenly leaned towards me, a mischievous grin on his face.

Rolling my eyes as I knew what he was up to again, I responded. "What?"

"Go out on a date with me." He giggled, and as usual, I pushed his face away from mine, causing him to let out a little cry. "Whyyyyyyyyy!"

"I don't like younger guys, Hobi." I raised my eyebrows at him, and he pouted with his eyes morphing into the typical puppy look, his ultimate weapon. "Don't give me that face! You know very well that I can't resist- ugh, fine. Only once okay!"

"Yes! You're the best, noona!" Hoseok chuckled before pulling me into a tight hug, and I couldn't help but to let out a smile.

This boy was adorable, and very deathly at the same time.

And that was how I had gotten myself a date to the Spring festival held yearly in this little town. As it was Spring, flowers were blooming everywhere, and I instantly felt giddy at the sight of the vibrant colours decorating the park.