Three - Basketball

-

-

"Ha! Loser, as usual." Seokjin grinned triumphantly as he rested his arm on my head, and laughed when I pushed his arm away harshly.

I couldn't believe it.

I was once again, placed the second with Seokjin being first in the entire form again. I hated how my name was always below his, and to tick me off even further, the difference between our total marks from the mock exam was only zero point five marks.

We were in our third and last year of highschool, meaning that we would be sitting for our entrance exam pretty soon. I had studied extra hard for this mock exam, in hoping just to beat him at least once, but the heavens seemed to love him more than me.

"Go away, I hate you." I mumbled, feeling annoyed as I made my way out from the melee of students who were crowding to look at their results.

Seokjin's chuckles were heard loud and clear behind me, and I resisted the urge to turn around to throw him a punch just to shut him up. But who was I kidding, I was always the second when it came to competing with him.

"Yah, it's alright you know? Don't feel so sad." He comforted as he reached my side, his hand ruffling my bangs on purpose.

"I just can't understand why I could never be better than you. I study and work hard as much as you do, but I'm always the second. Always!" I blurted out, unknowingly pouting at him.

Seokjin gulped audibly before speaking again. "Marks don't matter you know, cause by the end of the day, we will all be graduating from the same highschool, getting the exact same certificate."

I glanced up at him with a doubtful look, making he scoff at me before speaking. "You don't believe me, do you?"

"Nope." I shook my head, my feet now carrying me away from his dreadful presence with hastened footsteps.

At lunch, as per usual, Seokjin plopped down next to me before stealing a sausage shaped into an octopus from my lunchbox. I was too exhausted to bicker with him, so I just let him be.

"You're not fighting back?" He tilted his head as he slowly munched into the food, and frowned when I shook my head.

"I'm not in the mood to entertain your childish antics, Kim Seokjin." I scooped a spoonful of rice before shoving it into my mouth. "Just take whatever you want and leave me alone."

At this, Seokjin grimaced. "Nope, this will not do. It feels weird for you to not bicker with me. Let's go to the arcade after school."

"Are you insane? We have a class test this Friday!" I scolded him, causing him to smile a little.

"Exactly, and today is only Wednesday. And I'm sure that you're already fully prepared for the test, aren't you?" He taunted with glint twinkling in his eyes, and beamed when he saw me groan in disdain.