Four - Friends

-

-

Odd.

Real... odd.

Even the teachers who had been watching us from the first day of enrolment into this highschool knew that we were never exactly the closest, so it was inevitable for them to be nosy about why was Kim Seokjin and Ahn Yoora not fighting but actually behaving like what decent humans around each other. Heck, even I was confused by his sudden niceness towards me.

That idiot still loved to tease me by calling me short or stealing my food, but weirdly, he stopped headlocking or pranking me ever since that day. Maybe he was finally reflecting how stupid his pranks were, just maybe.

"Can you stop zoning out for just a second? You aren't even listening to me!" His raised volume snapped me back from my trance, and I flinched at the loudness, making me trip on my own feet.

Seokjin's hand swiftly grabbed onto my elbow to prevent me from falling down, and he released me when I was stable again. He looked blatantly annoyed, for some reason.

"Sorry, I was thinking about some stuff." I admitted, my finger scratching my cheek as I darted my eyes away from his face before glancing back up at him.

His intense gaze softened when I looked at him sheepishly, and he exhaled a deep sigh before suddenly placing both of his hands on my cheeks and squished them. "What am I going to do with you, you idiot."

"What." I frowned, causing him to chuckle at how distorted my face probably looked at the moment.

Letting me go, Seokjin gestured me to continue to walk with him towards the bleachers next to the track field, where students were practicing diligently with strident whistles on repeat in the background. We sat down next to each other, both looking up at the sky in silence.

"Are you prepared for the entrance exam?" Seokjin asked after some time, his head tilting towards me, his black hair falling in a rhythmic manner before covering his thick eyebrows.

"I guess so. What about you?" I questioned back, my head tilted at the same angle to glance at him.

"Just." He shrugged, and sighed. "I'm jealous."

"Of what?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

He looked at me again. "You. You have a dream; you have always wanted to become a nurse. Unlike you, my future is bleak and hazy. I still don't know which path should I take."

"But I thought you have always wanted to become a doctor?" I asked, genuinely confused.

Chuckling lightly, he shook his head. "Nah, I was never interested in becoming one. I hate science, actually."

I gasped. "But science is what has formed the world today!"

Seokjin clicked his tongue. "You're such a nerd."