Chapter 18 | Cripple

Lilia knew that he did, he didn't say those words but he did say that he was going to make her a match with someone worthy of her. Lilia was the one who thought such negotiations would take a very long time to actually come to life. However, it appeared that she wouldn't be staying in King's Landing for long, which also meant that her dreams of reuniting with her family were already gone.

"Willas Tyrell? The cripple?" Lilia looked behind her to find Littlefinger. She knew he was just trying to provoke conflicts between her and her father. If not, why would he be so determined to point that out? The good part was that she was a Lady, and she also didn't mind as long as the Lord was kind, which he probably was, or else her father would have never agreed... unless it was a Royal command... was it?

"Our Lilia? Marrying... a cripple?" the Septa pointed out with a disgusted face along with Sansa following her. Lilia took a deep breath before actually responding.

"I have no prejudice over cripples. I may come to have a crippled brother... that is if he ever wakes up..." Lilia's voice suddenly gained a sorrowful tone as she said the last part. Nevertheless, she decided not to show it and go on. "Either way, I will do my duty to my House and to my husband. I don't care what people say as long as he is an honourable man, with a kind heart and a gentle soul"

"You are in luck then, My Lady" Renly smiled to him politely as she waited for him to continue. "Willas is everything you described and more and I'm sure he will be very pleased to have you as his wife. House Tyrell will be very accepting of you, I'm certain"

"Then, it seems Lady Lilia Stark will soon become Lady Lilia Tyrell" Littlefinger pointed out in a friendly way, but Lilia could see further. She hated to judge people without knowing them, but she didn't trust him and she didn't like that man either. She didn't care if he was a friend of her mother's, that didn't change the fact that he was hiding something or plotting something or simply scaring them off for no reason whatsoever. "Sister to the Knight of the Flowers"

"Well, that's if my Lord Father decides so... and if Ser Loras survives the Mountain" Lilia commented, earning a subtle smile from her father. He recognized her persistence and he respected it. His sister was just as stubborn when she was Lilia's age...

He remembered the day he came back from the Eyrie for a visit and he brought Robert Baratheon along with him. They were still boys barely grown but Robert became infatuated with the picture of Lyanna. He claimed that he loved her and Ned couldn't forget the day they came back to the Eyrie.

Jon Arryn received them inside his fortress and, the first thing Robert said when their tutor asked them how their journey had been was that he had found the woman of his dreams and he was going to marry her. Jon Arryn was shocked and Ned would have been too, had it not been for the fact that he heard his best friend talk about his sister all the way from the North back to the Vale.

At first, neither Jon nor Ned cared too much about Robert's infatuation with Lyanna since they both knew it would only last until he met the next tavern girl with beautiful eyes and good legs. However, there was a morning where they were yielding their swords in the presence of Jon Arryn, who was watching them with a few Lords. Back then, Robert had already found out his love for the war hammer, but Jon Arryn told him he had to know how to yield a sword anyway. That morning, the messenger interrupted their training to give Robert with House Stark's unbroken sigil. They all stopped to watch as they knew nothing of what was happening, but Robert seemed nervous as he broke the sigil and read the letter. As he read it, a smile was growing on his face and once he was done, he looked at the sky and at the people around him and started to giggle and he hugged Ned.

No one knew why he was acting like a mad man, but once he dropped the bomb no one could believe it. As Jon Arryn asked him what was happening, he kept his wide smile and just responded that he was to become a married man to the most beautiful woman in the Seven Kingdoms, clearing out after that he and Ned were to be brothers by law.