Chapter 20 | Queen Cersei

"What does the Queen want to talk to me about?" Lilia asked curiously. She knew that having the Queen asking for her wasn't exactly a good thing. Being surrounded by people who she didn't trust at all didn't help as well, so it was simply stupid and pointless.

"Marriages, I think" Lilia nearly choked in her own saliva when she heard what Jamie has replied. Why would the Queen want to be involved in marriages?

"Why would the Queen talk to me about marriages?" she questioned even more confused. Cersei despised her profoundly, so why would she be concerned with her marriage or her opinion on marriages or whatever she wanted to know? Well, on second thought, it gave her something to torment her about so... she wouldn't pass such an opportunity, would she?

"You and your sisters are part of the Queen's household along with Princess Myrcella. It's normal that she asks for you to be present" it made sense in Lilia's mind. Even if the Queen wanted to see her in order to torment her, Lilia had decided that she wouldn't give her the pleasure, of that she was sure. She wouldn't break or show her true feelings.

He escorted her to the Queen's chambers where she found Cersei drinking a goblet of wine. 'No wonder she is a good match for Robert', Lilia thought. She had come to realize that the Lannister Queen never stopped drinking. King Robert on the other hand, only stopped drinking when it was time to eat.

"Lilia, darling. Have a seat" the woman indicated. Lilia did as she was told and took a seat in front of the Queen, who handed her another goblet full of wine. "Drink"

"Thank you, but I'm not thirsty, Your Grace" she politely declined, earning a smirk from the blonde lioness. Cersei didn't like the young girl's guts. It annoyed her. She knew that there was more to Lilia Stark than she would lead on, so she needed to figure those things out and she needed to do it fast. She needed to find a way to control her, or else, she would turn into a problem.

"I didn't offer you water, did I?" the Queen arrogantly questioned in order to make a point. Lilia, seeing herself without any choice, poured a good portion of wine down her throat so that the Queen wouldn't bother her anymore. Cersei smiled with satisfaction at the good understanding from the young lady. "Good. I've heard you are soon to become a woman, a true woman. Are you excited, my dear?"

"I'm aware that many Lords have asked my father for my hand in marriage. Nevertheless, all the negotiations are in his hands and since negotiations are very delicate matters, I don't know if I'm actually going to be married soon" she tried to run from the subject and get the conversation over with as soon as possible.

"Oh sweet girl, was that what your father's told you?" the Queen asked as she drank more wine. She almost looked truly bothered with Lilia's current situation, actually, the girl would have believed her if she didn't know who she was talking to enough to do so. "You know, my father told me the same thing years ago and here I stand"

"My father is not Tywin Lannister," Lilia said as she drank more wine, making the Queen smirk. 'Spiteful, little bitch', Cersei thought as she tried to control herself.

"No, indeed, you're Ned Stark's daughter" Cersei pointed out as pressed her teeth together in order to control the eagerness she was feeling to throw the girl out of the window. "And I heard he's planning to marry you to Willas Tyrell"

"I heard he was one of the many suitors lining up to lick the King's and the Hand's boots" Cersei smirked at the girl's remark. She was a spiteful, little bitch, but she was also a perceptive girl. Probably, the only thing she liked about the Stark girl.

"I see you're not very excited about it" the Queen points out as she watched the girl look at her cup, meeting her eyes after. It felt like the girl was thinking about some witty remark, even though Cersei had already realized that she often gets lost in her own thoughts. It was annoying, at least in her eyes, but no one else dared to say anything, including her drunk of a husband. "I don't blame you, marrying a crippled man is not exactly living a fairytale"