Chapter 24 | The outcome

Lilia had been thrown in her chambers with her sister, Sansa. She hadn't seen Joffrey or Cersei, she had been simply locked up. She knew that Ser Barristan was telling the truth and she regretted not knowing about the situation sooner. She should have known better, she should have been smarter like Arya.

The night had gone by and she couldn't bring herself to sleep. She lied awake all night, starring at the canopy, thinking about what would be of her family and how foolish she had been to trust that her father knew what he was doing.

She loved her father above everyone else in that horrid place, but she also knew that he made stupid mistakes! His honour blinded him and made him trust people he shouldn't have trusted in the first place.

"What has gotten into your head?!" Sansa lectured her eldest sister as they patiently wait for someone to get them. "I had everything under control! King Joffrey will be merciful and we'll be alright!"

"Do you really believe that?" Lilia asked out of rage. "Are you really so foolish to believe that? Wake up, Sansa! Father will be executed tomorrow morning and we'll be forced to watch!"

"No, I've spoken to King Joffrey and he told me he would be merciful! He's good!" the ginger-haired girl yelled at her sister. Lilia had given up on making her sister realize that Joffrey was a monster, she had decided to let her figure that out on her own. "Lilia, he is going to be my husband and once that happens he will be your brother by marriage. Family is the bond! Does that not mean anything for you?"

"Really? You're asking ME that question? You are the one who lives in Wonderland and doesn't realize that we are being held as hostages! Why do you think they locked us up, uh?!" the eldest Stark girl confronted her sister, earning an even more irritated look from her.

"Because YOU ran away instead of facing the problems our father created when he went up against the one, true, legitimate King!" she argued back. "We're standing here right now, at this precise moment, because you decided to flee and I had to stay and plead for our father's life! And when he's sent to the Wall alive, you'll be thanking me on your knees!"

"We'll see about that, I hope you are right, Sansa. I pray that I'm on my knees for that same reason because if by the end of the day that is not the reason why I'll be on my knees, I'll never forgive you..." she said with tears in her eyes. "If we had left when father said, none of this would be happening..."

The door was suddenly unlocked, revealing the Hound and Ser Merryn Trant, who impatiently pushed them out of the room and dragged them down to the Sept of Baelor, where the so-called King Joffrey was already standing along with his viper mother. Lilia knew that she hated them both more than she ever thought possible and her major wish was to kill them and free her father, even though she knew it was impossible. The bells had been stricken and, therefore, the smallfolk was rushing towards the building. Soon, her father would be there as well to be condemned to death or, from what Sansa assured, to have a merciful condemnation that would give him the opportunity to keep breathing.

That was when her eyes could see her father, being pushed by two guards. She closed her eyes painfully. That was one of the moments where she needed Robb or Jon, two people that she didn't speak about during the past month, but whom she missed terribly.

She noticed that he looked towards the statue in specific and she followed his gaze, having her eyes meeting with Arya. For one moment, she thought about giving her to the Lannisters, just so that she could stay under her wing, and not lost in the world, like a lone wolf. Yet, she didn't. She didn't want to be like Sansa, who ruined everything when she decided to go to the Lannisters. It felt like a betrayal to Lilia, her sister had taken her new family's interests at heart and not her true one, the one that would always be there for her.