Chapter 21 | Danger

Lilia came back to the Tower, where her father was sitting with a stick by his side. Once he saw her, he grabbed the stick and walked towards his daughter, supporting the weight of his body on it. Suddenly, Lilia's body was filled with worry and she rushed to meet her father.

"What happened? I haven't seen you in two days, father! When you left you told us we were to pack our things and go back home, but then Lord Baelish told us to stay here and act like nothing ever happened... what is wrong with your leg?" her eyes widened and she quickly asked all the questions that came to her mind.

"Take a seat because what I'm about to tell you, shall be kept a secret. It's something I'm telling you and only you, you may not tell Septa Mordane or Sansa or Arya" she nodded and sat next to her father. "Bran has woken up but before he did, a man tried to kill him with a dagger. Obviously, someone wants Bran to die very badly. Your mother came to the Capitol and with Lord Baelish's help, we found that the owner of the dagger is Tyrion Lannister. Your mother found him in a brothel and took him as a prisoner, they are now heading to the Eyrie so that he is judged properly"

"Mother was here?" Ned nodded. His daughter's sadness made him feel devastated. Lilia had always been the one that was more similar to Catelyn, not in appearance, but in the way of thinking. Even if she resembled Lyanna in most things, but she thought like a Tully. 'Family, Duty, Honour', that was how she thought and that was how she acted most of the time. Lyanna was more selfish, he had to admit. Ned loved his sister to heart, it was true, but he couldn't lie and say that Lyanna was thoughtful. She was kind, but not thoughtful. If it ever became a choice between her happiness or anyone else's, Lyanna wouldn't waste time in deciding. His daughter had a tender heart, even if she tried to deceive everybody else and pretend like she was all grown up and strong. She had much to learn. "But what about your leg?"

"As I was leaving Lord Baelish's brothel, where I had met with your mother to avoid suspicion, Jamie Lannister showed up and he and his men attacked mine. I was found and then brought back here, where I was renamed Hand of the King" Lilia felt somehow betrayed. She couldn't say she trusted Jamie Lannister blindly because that was nothing but a lie. However, she did think of him higher than that. He had protected her and she was beginning to take him into consideration, she thought he was actually a good man and all for what? For him to attack her father?! "Now, your sisters are waiting for me in my chambers, meet them there. I'll meet you in a moment"

"Yes, Lord Father" she walked towards Ned's chambers to find Arya and Sansa in silence. Arya looked like she was worried about something, but Sansa, on the other hand, looked like she was daydreaming about something else. Lilia took a seat next to Sansa who smiled non-stop. "What has gotten into her?"

"Prince Joffrey came over to apologize to me for his behaviour lately" she softly replies and Lilia shrugged while looking at Arya, who seemed a little cringed by Sansa's reaction. She didn't hold it against her little sister, deep down she felt the same way about it, but she also understood Sansa. Truth was that she didn't quite comprehend why her sister would want to marry a scarred, coward, little cat, like Joffrey Baratheon. But at the same time, Cersei's words were roaming in her head endlessly. Could it be possible for Willas to be like Robert, or even like Joffrey?

"Finally" the eldest Stark muttered, making Arya laugh and Sansa snap out of her fantasy fairy-tale, to give her an upset look. "Come on, Sansa. Joffrey had to come around, eventually. You'll be his Queen, after all. I'm glad he's come over to apologize to you, but I'm sure that's not only what happened"

"Well, he gave me a necklace similar to the one the Queen wears!" she showed it to her eldest sister, who looked very uncertain with Joffrey's actions. Was Joffrey a decent human being after all? Had she been too hard on him? Had she misjudged him? To be honest with herself, she didn't think so. Her theory consisted of the fact that the young Prince basically knew how to lead Sansa on through charming words and magnificent presents.