12.

12

3 weeks later...

Nia was still in a coma but was expected to wake up soon. In these 3 weeks, Joe had brought the house Tamina told him, Nia had been looking at. With the help of their moms, it was decorated and baby proofed. Joe was woken up by the cries of his son coming through the monitor. He was about to get up when his mom yelled out "Joe, son. I got this one. Go back to sleep". Joe quickly fell back to sleep and was woken up by his phone, it was Tamina. She had been at the hospital when Joe couldn't. "Hello," said Joe groggily. "Joe, she's awake," said Tamina. "For real, please don't let this be some sick joke," said Joe. "I'm serious, she is awake and asking for you," said Tamina. "I'll be right there," said Joe. He quickly showered and dressed his son. His mom hopped in the car and they drove to the hospital. After quickly signing his name on the visitation papers. He entered the room. Nia was there awake. Joe went to her side and kissed her passionately. "Woman, I love you. Don't ever even think about trying to leave me now" said Joe. Nia attempted to sit up but was in pain. "Don't strain yourself, is, you did get some injuries?" said Tamina. "What all happened, because I feel like shit right now," said Nia. She was helped into a sitting position. "Long story short, an asshole who was blacked out drunk decided to drive and hit us. You had the worst of it" said Tamina. "Yep, you had some internal bleeding, a minor brain injury. You also broke like 4 ribs, broke your wrist in 2 places, let's not forget the broken ankle" said Tamina. "Sis, what about you," asked Nia. "Oh, I'm equally fucked up. 4 broken ribs, fractured eye socket, and I dislocated my knee and fucked up my healing ACL tear" said Tamina. "So we are equally fucked up for the next year," said Nia. Tamina nodded and fist-bumped her sister. "I have two serious questions," said Nia. "What's up" asked AJ. "One, can someone please go get me something to eat, I am not eating that shit they gave me," said Nia. "That I can do, I already know what to get," said AJ. "Second question, where the fuck is my son. I was pregnant before this shit" said Nia. "He's right here, and watch your language," said Joe. "Joey, it's not like he understands what I'm saying," said Nia. Joe undid his son's car seat and handed him to Nia. Nia fawned over him for a minute. "Did you name him what we decided" asked Nia. "Yep, his officially name Nuufolau Joel Seanoa Jr., " said Joe. "Off topic, but what the fuck is my child wearing. This outfit doesn't match for shit" said Nia. "Oh shush, I had to dress him quickly. We were in a rush" said Joe. Everyone left the room and it was just Nia, Joe, and a sleeping JJ. "How are you feeling" asked the doctor walking in. "Like shit," said Nia. "Well you were in a serious accident, we need to do some quick test as you just woke up from a 3-week long coma," said the doctor. "I have no choice, so go ahead," said Nia. In the end, before the doctor left. "So besides the fact that I feel like shit, when can I leave," said Nia. "I'd say in about a month," said the doctor. "Yay," said Nia very sarcastically. They were alone again, "woman, you just woke up from a 3-week long coma, and you are already ready to leave" asked Joe. "Joey, you can eat me," said Nia angrily. "Is that what lead to you guys having JJ?" said Tamina. "Shut up, did you get my food," asked Nia. AJ sat the plate on the table and Nia cheered. "I love you AJ, more than this asshole next to me," said Nia. "Shh, and eat your food," said Joe. "Suck a dick," said Nia. She began eating her food. "You guys bicker like an old married couple," said Tamina. "Welp, he's stuck with me at the end of the day," said Nia. "Lord helps me," said Joe. Nia finished her food and laid back. "I need my phone," said Nia. "It was shattered in the accident," said Tamina. "Fuck this," said Nia. "Shush woman. I'll buy you a new phone" said Joe. "Joey, I love you," said Nia. "I love you too woman," said Joe. "Now go get me a new phone. I have shit to do" said Nia. Joe grabbed his keys and wallet. "I love you," said Nia.

Joe got back 2 hours later. To a room of sleeping people. JJ was asleep on Nia, Tamina was asleep in AJ's lap. Nia was slowly dozing off. "Here, let me take him. Get some sleep, love" said Joe. "Not really that tired," said Nia. She handed JJ to Joey and they both fell asleep holding hands.