19

19

Same day as the last chapter...

Nia was with Tamina who was dress shopping. They had just gotten to the bridal shop with Trin and her daughters in attendance. Tamina's dress had been made by hand from start to finish. This was the reveal to everyone. Nia sat down holding hands with Trin. Tamina walked to the back room and put on her dress. "I really think she is going to look like a queen," said Trin. "I look like a queen every day," said Tamina from behind them. She walked onto the stand. Nia gasped, "you look amazing, mom," said Milaneta. "Thank you, baby," said Tamina. After rounds of compliments, Tamina changed but they still occupied the room. "This wedding is going to be amazing," said Trin. "In 2 months you are going to be married to the love of your life," said Nia. "After my wedding, we can start planning yours," said Tamina. Nia laughed, "That's not happening, I just wanna enjoy my engagement for now. JJ is turned one soon. I don't need to even think about planning a wedding" said Nia. "But you've been engaged for 6 months," said Tamina. "Ok and, Trin was engaged for 3 years before she walked down the aisle," said Nia. "So no wedding planning" frowned Tamina. "No planning," said Nia. They got up and went about their day. Nia got back home to Joe's mom in her kitchen. Her son was in his playpen. "Hey moms, where's your son," said Nia. "He's upstairs, getting ready," said Portia. Nia walked upstairs and into their bedroom. Joey was putting on his watch. "Hey babe, where are you going," said Nia. "It's Luke's birthday tonight, we planned on going out," said Joe. Nia fixed his shirt, "It slipped my mind, with everything going on for Mina's wedding and what not" said Nia. "It cool, we all forget things," said Joe. "Are you going to be okay, I know Luke likes to drink and you just hit a year sobriety" said Nia. "I will be fine, it's been a long time since I had a drink and I plan on staying that way. I promise" said Joe. "Ok, remember to stay away from other women. I don't need JJ to visit you in the hospital and me in jail" said Nia. Joe laughed and kissed her. "I was serious, now leave remember we love you," said Nia. Joe kissed JJ on the head and left the house.

A Day and A Half Later...

Nia sat on the couch and looked at the suitcase near the door. This needed to be done. Nia handed Portia a small backpack for JJ. Nia heard the door unlocked and Joey stood to the side. "mama, e mafai ona e aveina o ia i Sarona. O lana tuatusi lenei, ou te le manaʻo ia te ia iinei mo lenei mea," said Nia. ( mama, you can take him to Sarona's. Here's her address, I don't want him to be here for this.)

Portia nodded and walked past her son not even speaking to him.

The door closed...

"How could you," said Nia. "Let me explain," said Joe. "No, because I have some shit to say and I don't wanna be interrupted when I say it," said Nia.

"Joey, how could you do this to us. You were sober for a year a fucking year. You gave that up for what. You betrayed my trust hell even JJ's trust in you. How do you think it feels to have to go our car from the bar you were at cause you left it there and to be told that it was there because you were too fucking drunk to drive. This breaks my fucking heart. We have a son together, who is turning one next month. Then to top it all of you fucking cheat on me. With a hoe who doesn't give a single shit about you. I care about you hell we all cared about you. You go out and do this, this breaks the heart of myself, JJ, your mom, AJ, Tamina. How could you" yelled Nia.

"It was an accident, one drink turn into more. I fucked up" yelled Joe.

"Don't you dare, you don't have any right to yell back at me. You did this to yourself. You fucked up beyond fucking return" yelled Nia.

"Give me a second chance," said Joe. Tears started to fall down his face.

"No, Joey get out. You made the choice to do this shit, now you have to deal with the fucking consequences" said, Nia

"What about JJ, I am his father. What about us" said Joe.

Nia threw her engagement ring at him, he caught it easily.

"Don't act like you care now, you should have cared when you went fucking missing for a day and a half. We were worried about your damn life, and all you had to say was a text that you were alright. JJ and I will be fine without you, and as for us. There is no us, we were over when you stuck your dick in another female" said Nia.

"This is my house," said Joe.

"Either you leave or I do. If I do, I promise you will never see JJ again" said Nia.

Joe picked up the bag next to the door and left his house keys on the table. He left without another word. Nia grabbed a bottle of whatever alcohol she could had brought and drank straight from the bottle. She let her tears fall...