18

18

Like 7 months later...

Nia woke up with Tamina laying next to her. "How did you get into my house and where are my baby and my fiancé," asked Nia. "They went with AJ to find his tux, and I have a key," said Tamina. Nia sat up and Tamina laid her head on her shoulder. "What's wrong is," asked Nia. "Just thinking, I'm getting married in 2 months," said Tamina. "Yea, but what's bothering you," said Nia.

"I'm just wishing my dad could have been here when I married Brandon it was in a courthouse, and now I find someone that is the love of my life and we are having this wonderful wedding, but he isn't here to witness it," said Tamina. "Sis, he may not be here physically, but he is always with you. Hell I know he would have loved AJ. He is proud of you and everything you are doing with your life. You are raising two beautiful daughters, you won your first title a couple of months ago, you found someone that treats you like a queen. He would be happy for you" said Nia. "You're right, that's why you are my maid of honor. What would I do without you and Trin" said Tamina. "You'd be living a very boring life," said Nia. She got out of the bed and hopped in the shower.

Nia played with her engagement ring. Nia thought back to the day Joey proposed. She did that often though...

Flashback...

It was a couple of days after Joey and Nia's 3 year anniversary.

They had asked Tamina to watch JJ for the night and went out to dinner. They were walking on the beach when Nia saw this cute setup. It was a small red carpet made of rose petals with a heart at the end. "Joey, you didn't have to do all of this," said Nia. "I did it because I love you," said Joey. Nia kissed him, "you have truly been the best these last 3 years," said Nia. "I have a like really serious question to ask," said Joe. Nia was standing in the heart. "What's up," asked Nia. "Lina, I really love you, I don't know what I would do if you weren't in my life. You gave me my son and a love that can't be replaced. You were here for me through some of my roughest moments. I'll admit we did have a rough patch, but I'm glad we made it through and back to us. With that being said" said Joey. He moved down to one knee. Nia's eyes immediately began water, she didn't bother trying to stop the tears that were falling. "Savelina, will you marry me," asked Joey. Nia took a deep breath, "Yes, of course, I'll marry you Joey" said Nia. Joe got up and kissed her passionately, "You just made me ruin my makeup" laughed Nia. "You are still the most beautiful woman in the world," said Joe. "I love you, Joey," said Nia. "I love you too, Lina," said Joe. "Oh, and don't ever think you are allowed to saw my full name ever again. I already don't allow you to say it now" said Nia. She heard clapping and turned around to see Tamina and AJ who was holding JJ. They walked up to them, "Congrats, little sis" said AJ. He handed her JJ and moved to talk to Joe. "See I told you she'd say yes. You guys love each other" said AJ. "Thanks, man, I couldn't have done this without you," said Joe. "Just remember, your second you hurt her, I will use your face as a punching bag," said AJ. "You are my best friend," said Joe. "I know that, but you hurt her you will die," said AJ. Nia and Tamina joined them as she walked back to the car after the guys cleaned up. "JJ looks at the ring daddy gave mommy. It's so shiny" said Nia. All JJ did was stare and try to eat her hand. "No JJ, I love you. But my ring is not your chew toy" said Nia. She handed him back to AJ they still had him for the night. She got in the car with Joe. "I love you," said Joe. "I love you too," said Nia.

Flashback Over...