21

21.

5 months later...

JJ was down for his nap and Nia and left him in the hands of Liv who was staying with her at the moment. Nia walked out of the store and put them in her truck. "Can we talk?" said Joe. Nia looked behind her and saw Joe standing there. "I have other places to be, you have 10 minutes," said Nia.

Joe: Look, I wanna apologize for being an asshole. I did something I swore I'd never do again. I fucked up my relationship with you, my son, everyone else. I feel terrible but I know I gotta suffer the consequences for this. The last thing, I know probably hate me-.

Nia: I don't hate you, we have a son together. I may strongly dislike you but I don't hate you.

Joe: At this point, I don't care anymore. But I wanna see can we work out a plan to co-parent JJ. I already missed his first steps and his first birthday. I don't wanna miss anything else.

"This is a conversation we can't have in the parking lot of the store. I know a small cafe down the street" said Nia.

30 minutes later...

"Are you sober?" asked Nia. "Very, 6 months and counting" answered Joe. "Then we can talk," said Nia. For the next 2 hours, they spent time working out a schedule for JJ. Joe was on the road on the weekend so it took them a while to come up with something.  After the plan was made and agreed upon. Nia agreed to let Joe have JJ for the next couple of days. He followed Nia to her apartment.

He was almost attacked by Liv when he walked in the apartment. "Liv he is just here to pick up JJ, don't kill him," said Nia. She got JJ's stuff ready and sent him on his way with his dad.

3 weeks later

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

3 weeks later...

Nia and Joe were doing great with their parenting plans and everything was going well. Nia looked up at Taula, she was wrapped in his arms as they watched a movie. They had been talking since Tamina and  AJ's wedding, which was almost 6 months ago. There was a knock at the door and Nia got up and answered it. Joe was dropping off JJ before he went back on the road. Joe handed her JJ who laid his on his mom's chest and yawned. Joe walked into the apartment, "he always liked sleeping on your chest," said Joe. Joe took notice of the two plates on the table. "Did you have company?" asked Joe. Just then Taula walked from the back, "thanks for dinner mama, but I have an early flight. I'll call you later" said Taula. "Sure, see you when you get back," said Nia. She laid JJ on the couch and walked Taula out.

Nia returned 5 minutes later. "Who was that," asked Joe. "A friend" answered Nia. She picked up JJ and laid him in her bed.  "So you are dating again," said Joe. "Joe, we have had this conversation before," said Nia. "I'm just asking a simple question," said Joe. "Since you wanna know so badly Taula is a friend of  AJ's and of my family. At the wedding, we started talking and then it leads to today. We are taking it slow and just seeing where this goes" said Nia. "Has he been around my son?" asked Joe. "Joey. First, I'm grown and will do as I please, you are not my father. Secondly, no he hasn't been around OUR son. At most he knows JJ exists and that we are co-parenting." said Nia. "You know I'm going to all ways love you, Lina," said Joe. "And I will always have love for you, Joey. But we aren't meant to be together. You will always have a place in my heart and will always be in my life." said Nia. Liv walked in and hopped on the counter. "Hey babes, what's he doing here," asked Liv. "Liv, don't you have somewhere to be," said Joe. "Nope, I live here, but you don't so state your reason for you being here," said Liv. Liv was insanely protective of Nia, even though Nia was older than her. "I was just dropping off JJ, I'm leaving now," said Joe. "I will call you when you can come to get him when you get back," said Nia. "Yea, whatever," said Joe. He went and kissed JJ's forehead before he left. "What's with his attitude," asked Liv. "Taula was still here when he came to drop JJ and I guess he got jealous," said Nia. "Well he shouldn't have fucked up what he had with you," said Liv. "I'm going to sleep," said Nia. "But I'm bored," said Liv. "I left you a plate in the fridge and I made brownies for JJ but you can have some," said Nia as she walked to her bedroom and closed the door.  Nia held JJ close to her, "why is life so complicated" asked Nia. She kissed his forehead before she fell asleep.

Sober {Nia Jax x Samoa Joe}{COMPLETED}जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें