Chapter 7, Training

I woke up from my slumber as I began to get dressed I threw my hair up into a ponytail as I put in a long sleeved sweater, it was black and not exactly very cute but it was the only long sleeved sweater I had that would cover my cuts.  I put on some dark blue workout clothes underneath and my black converse. I got my bag and began walking to the black dragons dojo to practice.
Once I got there I got straight into it, despite not doing any karate in a few days I wasn't that rusty and was doing great, I head beat everyone in the dojo at sparring including Brody. I was the highest belt in the dojo after all. I decided to go to the new bowling cafe Phil opened up with Brody as we ordered our food and sat down.
I began to start to sweat as the air conditioning was broken here as our food started to come out.
"Why don't you take your sweater off?" Brody asked me.
"I'm fine." I replied as I lied with ease putting on a fake smile.
Brody stared at me as he began to scrunch up his eyes, "Kimberly Crawford are you hiding something from me?"
"N-No why would y-you think that." I stuttered out as Brody reaches for my sweater to pull it off. I stood up before saying a little louder, "Hey! Stop it!" Before I stormed off.
I heard footprints behind me coming rapidly closer, "Go away Brody, I'm not in the mood."
"It's actually Milton." Milton sheepishly replied as I turned round.
"I'm so sorry Milton." I said before hugging him.
"It's okay but what's going on Kim?" Milton asked concerned.
I took him around the corner where no one was as I began to brake down. I told him about what I seen with Donna and Jack as he comforted me.
"Okay that really sucks and I'm sorry but why wouldn't you take your sweater off?" Milton asked softly.
"I-Uh.." I stuttered.
"Kim..Can I look?" Milton said referring to my sleeves, Milton wasn't stupid so when he seen me tug on my sleeves he must've known something was up.
I nodded before a ruching my eyes closed, Milton was a smart kid he would find out what happened one way or another and I felt comfortable around him.
"Oh Kim.." Milton said as he hugged onto me, "Did you really do that because of what happened with Jack?"
I nodded silently with the tears rolling down my cheeks as he still hugged onto me I had my chin resting on his shoulder as I pulled my sleeve back down.
"Thanks Milton, I think I'm going to go home though." I said pulling up the hood on my sweater.
"Are you going to be okay? Would you like me to come with you?" Milton said.
"I'll be fine." I replied softly in a whisper trying to contain the tears.
"If you ever need anything just give me a text and I'll be right over." Milton said.
"Thank you Milton." I said as I have a weak smile.