The Choice

They both turn around and stare at me. I don't know what to do

The world starts spining and everything goes black

********************
I wake up in the hospital.

I see the Noah and Alec sitting in the chairs and when they see i have awaken, they shoot out of their chairs. They stand above me with worried looks on their faces.

"How are you feeling?" Alec asks

"Okay" I respond "What happened?"

"You fainted at the party so we took you here" Noah says

"Okay. Can we go home now?" I ask

"You have to stay here for while to make sure you are okay" Alec says

"I am fine. I can go home" I say while sitting up in bed. They both rush to each of my sides and push me back doen gently.

"No, you have to stay here" they say in unison.

"I am fucking fine. I want tI get out of this hell hole." I say with my hand over my head.

"Why do you hate the hospital so much?" Alec asks

"I just do" I close them off

"You can trust us" they say

I huff "when I was a teenager, I hated live. I would attempt suicide so many times and always go to the hospital. I have this growing hate for it because it is a reminder of why my life sucks."

"Why would you attempt?" Noah asks

"Many reasons. My parents, school, fake friends, a lot of things." I open up "I liked to attempt in juvie because they wouldn't do shit about it. I could be on the verge of death and they wouldn't care. I didnt have to have people's pity, I would just continue."

"People really didn't care about you there, did they?" Alec asks

"Nope, people don't give a shit about you. Your whole family dies, you don't get pity. You almost die from a car crash, you are treated exactly the same. You murder 10 people in one hour, you don't get special treatment. You are treated like shit just like the rest of us." I open up

"What did you do?"

"What?" I ask confused

"What did you do to get sent there?"

I hesitate.

"I-I....." I try to speak but the words can't come to my mouth. I don't want them to think of me any differently when they find out.

"It is kind of a long story" I say

"We have time" they say in unison

"One day I was mad at life. I didnt knoe why I was living. So I went to school like always but I got pissed off by this one girl at my school. She got Starbucks that morning and poured it all over me. So I took my backpack off and started beating her with it. I smashed her head in a locker, I slamed her on the floor, I stomped on her face with my foot. I nearly killed her. She was super upset and went home without getting medical attention. She was internationally bleeding, really badly. She has a bad life at home. Her father beats her and when she got home that is what he did. She died the next day because of it. I was the start of her death and her fsther finished her off. I will never forgive mtself for it and there is one other person who will never forgive me for it either..........her sister,Amelia"

They had a shocked look in their face. I knew they would hate me after I told them.
They sit there for what feels like forever before they finally speak up

"I am so sorry" Alec says

"You shouldn't feel sorry for me. You should feel sorry for her."

"But you didn't kill her, her father did and you got punished"

"It is kind of fucked up that I went to juvie and he didn't go to jail" I say

"Wait he didn't go to jail?" Noah asks

"Nope. He was found innocent because he is good at lieing and I already had a bad past."

They frown and hug me. Soon after the nurse comes in and say I can leave.

They give me a ride home and I flop on my bed and fall asleep almost immediately.

When I wake up I feel awful. I roll out of bed and fall to the floor. I lay there for a few minutes before getting up and taking a shower.

I get ready for school and when I get to school, Noah comes up to me and holds my hand. This is new but I kind of like it. Alec comes over soon after and holds my other hand.

We get lots of weird looks but we ignore it. Most of the comments are "is she dating both of them?" And dumb shit like that.

When we get to first period, the teacher gives us the side eye and I roll my eyes at her.

We sit down together and the girl I want to avoid the most comes up to me, Amelia.

"Why are you hanging out with that loser?" She talks to Alec and Noah.

Before they can say anything else I speak up

"They are hanging out with me because they feel like hanging out with someone who has a personality for once."

"Look, I didn't ask for your opinion"

"But you deserve it" I say

"What?"

"You deserve to hear my side of the story. Yoy know exactly what i mean. You know more than the court does but you don't know what I know. You don't know why I did that or what was going on it my mind. There are this you Will only understand if you listen to me. All I ask for is for 5 minutes to explain every thing." I suprise everyone by saying. Most are confused by what I mean, but not Amelia. She suprises everyone including me by nodding her head. We walk out of the class and I explain everything that happend to her sister. I give her every single detail.

"So there you have it. I know I went over 5 minutes by a little but-"

I am cut off by her hugging me with tear streaming down her face.

"It was worth every second" she whimpers out. I hug her back.

"Thank you for telling me. I have one question though. How did you find out that our dad beat her?"

"After I beat her up, I followed her car to her house and when i walk through the dokr I saw everything."

"Oh" is all she says "thank yoy so much for telling me. You have no idea how much this means to me."

"Your welcome" I smile. We head back to class and everyone is shocked. To be honest so am I.