Relief and Regret

I drove to Noah's house. When I got there he seemed confused but let me in.

We were just talking when he brought up a party.

"So, I am hosting this party tomorrow and I was wondering if you wanted to go" he says shyly

"I would love to go to your party" i smile at him

And returns the smile before pressing his lips against mine.

"I should probably go. I have to set up for the party and I can't have any........distractions" he smiles

I nod and get up off the couch. I give him a little wave before exiting his house.

I jump into my car and drive home.

When I get there I see a familiar car in thd driveway.

I pull up and park my car, bolting out of it to see who it is.

I am suprised when I see Alec stand there with his head in it hands.

He jerks his head up and his eyes lock on mine.

I don't look away because I am tough and I won't back down.

He walk towards me and I stand my ground.

When he is standing about 3 feet away he stops. The whole time he was walking, we never broke eye contact.

"Let me explain" he breaks the silence

"I am listening" I reply

"When I was pissed off at you I went to a bar. That is how I clear my head. I know it is a shitty thing to do but I learned from my dad that it works. There was this girl there that was serving the drinks and I knew her. She was an old friend of mine."he pauses, looking up to see if I have any lind of reaction. Then he looks back at his feet.

"We used to hook up sometimes and I guess I needed that so I went with her to her house. I was drunk and I know that isnt a good excuse but I couldnt think clearly and I was hurt. I thought you wanted nothing to do with me so I tried to move on. They whole time I was with her, I couldn't think of anything but you." He finishes

"I am so glad that I am what you think of when having sex. What's next your going to think of me when eating a cheese burger?"

He laughs

"That isn't what I meant. Even when I try to think of something else, my mind always goes back to you"

"Right now, where we are in out relationship, I think it is best it we are just friends"

"Your right. We each need to figure out what we want and until then, we should keep our distance."

"I never said keep our distance. I think we should have a friendship, not a whatever this was" I motion between us.

"Okay. I'll see you later" he waves off and drives away in his car.

I feel a mixture of relief and regret.

None of which are welcome right now.

...................................................
I am so sorry this chapter was short. I will try to make the other ones longer. I am also sorry I have updated in a LONG time. I am having a bit of writers block.
But I also have good news

I AM WORKING ON ANOTHER STORY!

Yup, that's right! I am working on another story that I think y'all will like.

Anyways, I hope to update soon (like maybe even later today) but who knows.

Baiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :)