One Stories End is Another's Beginning

"What the fuck were you thinking!?!?" Jackson lectures me for the billionth time.

"Does it really matter?" I mumble under my breath but loud enough for him to hear it

He snaps his head in my direction and stops pacing.

He runs his hands through his hair and glides them down to his face to massage his temples. "Why do you have to be so stubborn?"

I knew it was a rhetorical so I didn't bother to come up with a sarcastic remark

"Why didn't you just let me kill myself? Then you wouldnt have to put up with me or our deal" I mumble the last sentance

"Why do you think so low of yourself? You think that you are so stupid and worthless when you aren't" he suprises me by saying. I can feel a lump in my throat that I wish would just sink to the bottom of my stomach.

He step closer to me and takes my hands in his.

"I don't understand how you can think of yourself like that. You are an amzing girla nd you have so much potential. You have never once disappointed me. You have a special thing in you, I don't know what it is but it make you unique and different. I have never met a person quite like you. I knew from the moment I laid my eyes on you that you wouldn't be like the rest. And you aren't you are so amazing and I love that about you. I love ever single thing about you. Everything you count as a flaw, I count as another thing to love about you. I have never found a single thing wrong with you in all the time I have know you. It brings tears to my eyes to find you like this, about to kill yourself. I can't let you do that. I can't let you give up your life because people are treating you like shit. They are only doing that because you are better than them and they are trying to bring you down. I love you Tessa"
He finishes his speech

I am out of words and in tears. I have never cried this much since my mom's death. I start to sob and Jackson brings me closer to him. He wraps his arms around my body and places my head on his chest. I breath in the smell of his cologne.

Even when my crying stops we stay like this. Not moving. We are in a trance and I don't mind it. Surrounded by a comfortable silence, we rock back and forth with our bodies pressed together.

After a while, Jackson slowly lifts his hands up to my face and runs his thumb over my cheek. He rubss my tear stained skin and keeps his eyes focused on mine.

He leans forward and brings him face closer to mine. I close my eyes with anticipation and part my lips, ready to kiss him. But he stops just short of my lips and speaks

"Only if you want to. I won't force you into anything from now on"  I open my eyes and meet his. I stare at them for a minute, looking at the details of his eyes. After I have studied his eyes well enough, I wrap my fingers around his neck and pull his down to me, smashing my lips with his.

Our lips mold together and fireworks go off inside my body. I can feel the heat rush to my face as I run my fingers up and down his neck. His hands are on my hips, gently rubbing circles on the fabric separating our skin.

For the first in a while, I am acctually happy. I am happy I am where I am.

I am happy I am back from juvie