1 Escaped

Jessica's POV

I ran as fast as I could. My heart was pounding in my chest, and sweat drenched my t-shirt. I finally, got away, and there was no way I was going back. It all started with a simple mistake.

My name is Jessica Brooks, I'm 17 years old and most people would say I'm beautiful. My hair is long and has a dark brown colour. Am slim, average height and thin.

The trees flew past me as I dashed through the woods, jumping over rocks and any fallen branches. The air was cold but the wind was even worse but still couldn't compare to any beating I have received.

I was trying to run away from my kidnapper. Who kidnapped me when I was only eight. He raped me, starved me and even beat me.

"Ahh!" I exclaimed as I slid in a pit of mud, and fell and hit my head on something hard,then everything around me became a blur.

(Flashback)"Jessica!" My mother yelled my name from downstairs.

"Coming mom!" I replied.
"There you are", I mumbled as I found my shoes. I ran down the stairs as fast as I could, to go with my mom to the supermarket.

"What took you so long?" My mom, Sherry asked me.

"I was looking for my sneakers, it was under the bed." I chuckled.

"OK, hurry its getting late ," she responded as I trailed behind her.

(Present) I jumped up abruptly,"Oh, it was just a dream" I mumbled to myself.

"Hiss," I winced as I felt a sting in the back of my head. Slowly pulling myself off the ground I tried to rub off the mud off my black hood and my white nickers pants which is now dark brown.

As I look ahead of me in the dark forest I saw a cabin a few miles away from where I was standing. I started running as fast as I could to reach it.

A drop of water fell on my face and as I look up the rain started pouring.

Knock!, Knock! I hit the small but very elegant cabin door, with my muddy hands. There was a rattling on the other side of the door, as a young man about my age cracked the door open with a creak.

(Flashback) "Get in", my mom instructed. I rushed into the car without hesitation and fastened my seatbelt.

I was the only child in my family growing up. My mother was a single parent. My father died when one of his best friends robbed him and stabbed him to death.

From then onwards my mom never dated anyone else, this happened when I was only six years of age.

The car stopped unexpected and all my thoughts evaporated in a poof.

(Present) He was tall, muscular, lean and stunningly handsome he looks like the type of boy any girl would fall for.

"No we don't have any food," the boy scowled while closing the door in my face.

"Wait!, please I need help," I replied with tears in my eyes.

If he doesn't let me in I'm doomed, that man will hunt me down out here and find me and bring me back. There was no way in hell I'm going back to live that life. So I think of the fastest thing to do, I started crying.

The boy face softens as he saw me crying tears meeting at my chin, dripping off my face. He leans on the door post and stare at me with a dull face.

"How can I help you," the boy asked with a frown, disturbing my thoughts. "Um..." I trailed off scratching the back of my neck. I felt so nervous in front of this guy, and I don't even know why.

"I'mrunningfromsomeoneandfell andhitmyheadthensawthiscabin...." I replied then trying to catch my breath afterwards.

"Hey,Hey!,your going too fast, slow down", the boy laughed showing off his strictly white teeth.

"I'm running from someone and fell and then I saw this cabin and came to look if anyone was here." I blurted with a tremble as the cold wind dance along my face.

"Oh, come inside and have a seat its raining and pretty cold out here," he responded rubbing his upper arms.

"Thank you," I answered.

"Your welcome "

As I stepped in the small cabin I look around with a quick glance seeing an fire place a small couch a few modern furniture that fit well in the minor room.

"Take a seat over there,"he instructed pointing at the couch to out right.

As I started walking towards the couch he proclaimed." By the way my name is Damion."

As I was about to have a seat Damion exclaimed "Wait!, don't sit yet, you will mess up my couch, give me a minute I will be right back." Then he went inside the next room.

A while later he came back with a blanket in his hands.
"Here, take this," he instructed.

"Thanks "

I wrapped the huge blanket over my body and then took a seat on the cosy couch.
"Do you want a cup of tea," he asked.

"Yes, please," I mumbled.

He spun on his heels and went into another room I guess is the kitchen. Damion is such a gentle man, he has done so much for me already letting me into his home, offering me something to drink. No one has been this kind to me for a long while now I smiled to myself thinking of how nice he had already been to me.

I looked over my shoulder as I heard a girl giggling. I was so inquisitive to find out who was the person in the other room I got up and went at the half shut door to take a peek.

As I lean on the door post to see who was behind the wooden door I fell and pushed the white door open.

A young girl with long strawberry blonde hair looked at me with her mouth wide open in shock .

Thank you for reading this chapter, hope you liked it. Next chapter will be out in a few days.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE, LIKE AND COMMENT.

Love y'all.

Tatty