8 She's hurting

Damion's POV

"I'm going to change my shirt, this one is a mess," I announced.

I gave her one last glance before I spun on on my heels.

I went down the hall and pushed my wooden bedroom door open so I could enter. Walking over to my closet I pulled it open and took out the first t-shirt I saw. It was a black one that fitted me perfectly.

Ensuring that the closet door was closed, I went into the bathroom and washed my hands. Drying off my hands I started wondered if I'm doing the right thing by letting this girl stay here, what if she is......my phone vibrated in my pocket drowning my negative thoughts.

"Hello," I answered the call.

"Yo man we will be there in a few," the person on the other line informed me.

"Ok, I'm here waiting," I replied. Then hang up the phone without saying another word.

I walked back into the living room and she was still standing right where I left her. As soon as she saw me she scanned my body from head to toe, but her eyes were focused mostly on my t-shirt.

I took a seat in the large couch and took the first aid kit off the table in the centre of the room.

"Have a seat here," I patted on the spot next to me."Let me see your hand, and come closer," I instructed.

With one of my hands brushing against her legs teasing her I started to stare at her just to see how she would react. She looked up in shock, but still held a strong eye contact with me those sky blue eyes of hers staring back at me as if she was searching my soul. I could her hear breathing short her chest going up and down rapidly, trying to catch her breath.

"Ahem" I cleared my throat trying to ease the tension between us. Taking her hand I started dressing the wound.

"Hiss!" She winced, I looked up at her wanted to say sorry but I was not that type of person so I didn't say a word. It is hard for me to say things like: sorry, please are excuse me, I just couldn't say it.

"It won't take long," I whispered while pouring some para in the wound and wrapped it with a bandage.

"I think I should get some rest," she stated. 'Some rest' where does she think she is? I can't believe she just said that to me. How can I let a stranger sleep in my house? and on top of that she just disrespected me in my own home. There is no way can I do that, then I remembered when she just came to the door crying. When she was standing right in front of me laughing then in a few seconds her joy turned into pain. This girl must be really hurting and I don't want to add to anybody's pain there is nothing more that I hate to see than a woman crying.

She slowly pulled away her now bandaged hand and I looked at her in confusion. A worried look was evident on her face as if she was afraid of what I might say. Like she was saying in her mind only if I could take back my words.

"Ok, but first take a shower you smell like garbage ,"I replied.

Looking at herself she replied, "thanks much ,'' with anger written all over her face.

How could she even be angry about me letting her stay here? I don't even know her name. She should be happy that I let her in. The fact that I dressed her wound without a gloves, I don't know if she had any infections. Just look how she carries herself, she's a total mess.

She rolled her eyes before getting up carefully. "Where is the bathroom?" she asked politely.

"Just take a left turn down the hall, you won't get lost you will eventually find it." I instructed with boredom presented on my face.

She got up out of the couch and was about to walk off.

"Wait, you,'' I paused.

"Use the shower jell in the white bottle and when your done you can use the grey towel to dry off," I instructed.

"Ok thanks, by the way my name is Jessica," she replied and extended her hand for a hand shake. I took her hand in mine with a firm grip and shake it. I then hold her hand for a while rubbing my thumb on the back of her hand with a smile on my face. I knew this would make her feel uncomfortable, it was evident by the look on her face.

She pulled her hand away from me as a blush creeped its way up her cheeks.

"I think I should go to the bathroom now," she blushed trying to loose eye contact with me. Walking off in a rush she looked back at me, when she saw that I was still staring at her she blushed even more.

I watched her as she walked down the hall, as soon as she closed the bathroom door. My friends Hudson, Tavoy and Alicia stumbled in laughing at the top of their lungs.

"What took you guys so long? How are you guys still dry? I threw questions at them with a raised brow."It was pouring outside a minute ago."''Yo, man we saw some other guys out there while we were hunting.'' Hudson smiled.

Hudson was the loud one, always ready to fight as soon as he felt threatened by anyone, but he was a cool guy.

"Yea, they were hunters too," Alicia added.
Alicia is more of a talkative person, always want to jump into a conversation. Even if she didn't need to respond. That's why I can't stand her most times. Kathy and her are bestfriends for as long as I could remember. Over the past few years that Kathy and I have been dating, Alicia would always comfort her whenever we had an argument.

"The guns are still in the truck, I will go get them." Tavoy walked out of the cabin and head to the truck. Without saying a word Hudson walked off leaving Alicia and I standing there.

''Where is Kathy?'' she asked looking around the room.

''Right where she should be, inside her room.''

Alicia rolled her eyes before walking away.

Tavoy came back with the two shot guns and placed them at the side of the door.

''So ya'll really didn't catch anything again?'' I laughed, remembering the last time they went hunting for hours and didn't even caught a fly.

''Yea we sure did! we caught a ton of meat this time, you should saw me-''

''Aaaaaah!'' I heard a scream coming from the bathroom.

Oh shit! I almost forgot about Jessica.

***

Thanks for reading.

Love y'all❤❤