4 He Is So Charming

Jessica's POV

(Present) "Well that was a rap" I shrugged, remembering how that man use to say that after toying with me. Just the thought of him sent shivers down my spine, the way how he abused me, physically, mentally and not to mention sexually.

"Are you OK", Damion asked blowing away all my thoughts with his husky voice." You look a bit pale," he added.

"Who me?, no I'm not," I insisted rubbing the back or my neck as a blush creeped its way up my cheeks.

"OK," he replied dropping the topic. "Lets get your wound dressed."

"Oh Yeah, Yeah," I said feeling a bit nervous. Damion walked off heading towards the living room. Taking one last glance at Kathy's white wooden door I entered the family room.

"Sit," he commanded pointing over at the large couch in the middle of the room.

As I was about to sit s load sneeze escaped my lips. "Achoo!" Was the only sound I heard as I saw Damion's body stiffened.

(Flashback) "Mom, what is it? Why are you crying?" I asked feeling a bit sad seeing my mother like this. Placing my hand on her back caressing it as she sobbed in the palm of her hands.

She flinched, and shove off my hand as if it was a flying cockroach.

"I'm fine," she hissed wiping away her tears.

For the rest of the journey we drove in silence not bringing up that business suit man or why she was crying. My mother wasn't the secretive type of parent. She normally share any and everything with me.

We were like best friends although my mother had her little crew that she hang out with once in a while.

As we pulled up at the supermarket I took in the sight before me. The outside of the building had a lot of people leaning on their vehicles talking, smoking and some are drinking.

This supermarket was very big and on special occasions like this accidents normally happen. But, my family were the luckiest ones to never get in any trouble.

"Lets go," my mom murmured. She didn't even call me dear, baby or any form of sweet words like she usually does.

What did I do to her?

After hopping out of the car I hurried of to the entrance of the public place. Not wanting my mother to walk next to me I started making some giant steps.

"Jessica!", Sherry yelled my name.

" What!" I answered throwing my arms up in frustration.

"Don't walk ahead of me young ."

'Don't walk ahead of me young lady', I mimicked her.

When she finally reached where I was standing, she hold onto my shoulder and whispered in my ear.

"Stay by my side, you know it's dangerous to wonder around in there,"

"I know," I sighed rolling my eyes. Few minutes ago she was distancing herself from me now she's acting like she even cares about me.

"Pssh, like I'm going to fall for that." I said mainly to myself.

"What did you just say?" She asked raising a brow.

"Nothing,"

"Hmm," she mumbled.

As we stepped into the supermarket I saw one of my mother's friends and immediately her eyes landed on us.

"Hey, Sherry," the short dark skin lady waved her over. My mother pulled me towards the woman that was waiting on us at the vegetables section of the market.

We finally reached her and I dragged my hand out of my mother's grip. She immediately looked down on me with a frown.

"Stay right here, and don't move a muscle," she commanded.

I looked over my shoulders wondering if it's really me she is addressing like that.

"It's you I'm talking to Jessica," she said.

"OK, mom,"

Turning her back to me she begun talking to her friend. I'm going to prove to her that I can do what I want when I want. So I took another glance around holding my chin.

"Hmm, I think I'm going to take a look around," I said to myself walking away from my mother.

(Present) Slowly I met his fiery gaze. He looked so....angry but, why would his mood changed so quickly. Then his eyes darted to his black sweat shirt, as I was about to look at his nicely fitted top he stretched it out showing me a small spot.

"Look what you've done!," he yelled highlighting the what.

"Is that my, psshh" I paused. "Is that my.... Is that my!" I repeated out loud pointing at the small spot can't control my outrageous laughter.

Then I felt a stream of tear drop running down my cheeks. It felt like forever since I have last laughed. From that day when I made that one simple mistake that I will forever regret for the rest of my life. Only if I could go back in time and change that, I surely would.

"What is it?, why are you crying?" He asked.

"Noting, nothing," I answered wiping away the salt water off my face and forced a smile.

"I really didn't mean to hurt your feelings or anything," he mumbled wiping away the rest of my tears with his thumb.

"He is so charming, like an angel I never had" I thought staring at the spot on his sweat shirt. It was my mucus, and I didn't even realize that it was also in my hand. Wiping it into the towel he gave me, I answered his question.

"It's just that -," I started saying but remembered that I had a past that can't be shared with anyone."- you know what, forget it" I implied brushing away the topic.

"No, I wanna hear," he insisted placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I said drop it, OK!" I yelled pushing his hand off letting it drop to his side.

"Please, I really want to know, please just tell me," begged. Damion seems like a sad boy like he had been through a lot. Its way down in his chocolate brown eyes, he looked hurt but he is trying to masking it.

"I think it's none of your business," I shot back getting tired of this conversation. I have a nasty attitude and I'm about to give him my all if it means hiding my biggest and most darkest part of my life.

Thank you for reading this chapter, hope you liked it. Next chapter will be out in a few days.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE, LIKE AND COMMENT.

Love y'all.

Tatty