human anatomy

Chapter 2: human anatomy

The next morning came and Amber woke up in a sour mood - when didn't she? She hadn't changed out of her clothes from the night before, being too lazy to do so and valuing sleep over changing clothes that'll end up getting dirty anyway.

She went downstairs when she had finished getting ready - she was adorned in a black denim mini skirt that ended at her mid thigh, some black tights that had already started to ladder, a sex pistols t-shirt with her oversized multicolour windbreaker over the top along with her signature platform boots.

"Amber! Care to join us for breakfast?" Her mom spoke up from the table where the whole family was sat. Amber sighed and entered the kicthen, putting two waffles into the toaster. She stood by the toaster as Mike ate his own waffles as fast as possible.

"Slow down Mike, that's disgusting," Nancy said to Mike, who ignored her completely, making her roll her eyes. Amber's waffles came out of the toaster and she sat down at the table beginning to eat in silence.

"So, Nancy," Amber started, making Nancy look over at her younger sister - and by the smirk on Ambers face she knew it wasn't gonna be good.

"Do a lot of studying last night?" Amber asked, making Mike hold back a laugh as Nancy froze for a second.

"Yeah, actually. I did," Nancy said to Amber, taking another mouthful of egg as she gave Amber a look to shut up. But Amber and Nancy weren't close, and Amber loved winding her up, so of course, she didn't stop.

"What was your test on again?" Amber starts to ask, "Human Anatomy?"

Nancy sent her a glare and she just smirked back. Karen looked between the two sisters, noting the annoyance on Nancy's face.

"What's going on?" She asks her daughters. Amber smirks, getting up from her seat and putting her half-eaten eggo on the side.

-

Half an hour later and Amber was sat in her first lesson of the day - science - which she had with her brother and his friends. They had set seats, and she was sat behind Dustin at the front so Mr Clarke could keep an eye on her. The lesson had only just begun and she already wanted to leave and go home.

"So you all should've read the review for this weeks homework!" Mr Clarke started the class, "so let's do a basic Auditory test."

Shit. Amber mumbled in her head. She didn't do the reading - she did not understand  science as a whole.

"Charlotte - what's the definition of an ion?" Mr Clarke asked the girl who sat to the side of Amber.