A BAD SITUATION

Amber never really expected to be the type of person to offer comfort - how does one who's never been comforted go about helping others, afterall, if they were never taught how?

That's how she currently felt, sat on the bleachers as the boys all talked amongst themselves. Nancy was off with Johnathan, mourning her friends death, and Joyce and Hopper were nowhere to be found.

Amber looked down at El who had her eyes closed, sighing to herself as she stood up, she was so tired, and had a headache which wasn't helped by the pit in her stomach.

She just had a feeling something bad was going to happen.

"Where are you going?" Lucas asked her as she started to walk away - she didn't reply to him, just walking out of the auditorium and outside. Neither hoppers car or Johnathan's car could be seen - the kids abandoned at the school.

Great help, Hopper, so good at protecting.

She took a deep breath, leaning against the wall as she breathed in the cold November air - she didn't know what it was, but she felt so empty for no reason at all - a pit in her stomach that she couldn't place.

She closed her eyes slowly, leaning her head up to the sky as her breathing picked up slightly, she felt panicked, and she didn't know why, she didn't want to know why, she just wanted the feeling to go away.

With everything going on with Will, everything else was pushed to the back of Amber's mind, but now that the mystery was close to its end, the thoughts and feelings of before this all happened had began to creep back.

She felt like an outcast, she wasn't close with the boys, she wasn't close with her sister, she wasn't close with anyone.

Anyone but El.

But she also knew deep down she didn't want to be close with El, especially considering that the judgement she would receive for liking a girl would be completely and utterly destroying. It was seen as the biggest sin to everyone, against god.

But Amber thinks God's fake.

Her eyes opened when a door slammed open, Mike appearing next to her. He paid no attention to her, mind, as he skimmed his eyes over the parking lot.

"They're gone. Both cars," Amber mumbles, looking up at the stars as Mike looks at her with an annoyed look.

"Didn't think to inform the rest of us?" Mike snaps, his annoyance for her rising. They were no longer safe - six kids with no adult to save them if the bad men were to appear.

"Nope," Amber replied, bored. She didn't need to look at her twin to see the glare he had on his face.

"Of course you didn't," Mike mumbled, walking back towards the door, "you're too selfish to think about anyone other than yourself."

Amber didn't reply to him, hearing him slam the door behind him as he went to inform the others of Johnathan and Nancy's disappearance.

Is that I am? Selfish?

She kind of believed him. I mean, who wouldn't be selfish if they've never truly been loved or accepted? She didn't have anyone other than herself - that was a lot for her kid her age to bear with.