SHE'S OUR FRIEND AND SHE IS CRAZY

Chapter Eleven: She's our friend and she is crazy

"This way!" Amber yelled to Eleven as they ran through the trees, heading Dustin's screams for Mike which made Amber run faster. When she finally arrived, she saw mike on the edge of the cliff at the quarry.

She was about to yell his name when suddenly, he jumped off the edge - her words got trapped in her mouth as her heart stop, she just watched her brother kill himself.

She watched, frozen as Troy, James and Dustin ran to the edge, when El walked closer, she watched as suddenly mike came into her view and floated over the boys heads before falling onto the floor. They all looked over as Amber and Eleven started to walk over, Amber with anger in her eyes.

Amber watched Troy as she heard bones cracking and Troy scream, "She broke my arm! My arm!"

"Go," Eleven spoke strongly as troy held his broken arm. Amber stormed over to James and punched him across the face before grabbing his shirt.

"If you ever speak to me or my brother ever again, I will see to it that Troy won't be the only boy here with broken bones," She snapped at him, before pushing him back, making him run off with Troy. She ran over to her brother, kneeling by his side.

"You okay?" She asked him as he breathed heavily.

"Yeah, that's right! You better run! She's our friend and she's crazy! You come back here and she'll kill you! You hear me? She'll kill you, you sons of bitches!" Dustin screams after them, "She'll kill you, you hear me?"

"Im okay," Mike whispers, leaning forward and hugging Amber close. Amber froze, before hugging back and closing her eyes, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," Amber mumbles, "as long as you're okay."

They both pull apart when they hear someone fall. They look up to see el on the ground. Amber mumbles out 'shit' as she jumps up and runs to Eleven, Mike and Dustin close behind.

"El, are you okay?" Amber asks as he sees El start to cry slightly, the sight breaking her heart.

"I'm sorry," She whispers to them, making Amber and Mike share a worried look.

"Sorry? What are you sorry for?" Mike asks her as she cries a little harder.

"The gate... I opened it. I'm the monster." El cries.

"No," Mike shakes his head, "No, El, you're not t-the monster. You saved me." He tells the girl, before pulling her into a hug. Amber joins into the hug, before Dustin joins on top, the four hugging together, offering comfort.

-

When the group made it home, El went to Amber's room and sat on her bed. Mike had gone to his own room to calm down and change clothes as his own were muddy.

"Are you okay?" Amber asked El, sitting next to her, El nodded her head softly as she took Amber's hand. Amber sighed, looking at their hands, before looking up to see El leaning in.

"No," Amber shook her head, pulling away. Making El give her a confused and sad look, "no, el, you can't do that. Okay? What we did was wrong."

"Wrong?" El asked, confused. Amber got up, she had to let the girl down slowly.

"Yes," Amber nodded, "it was bad. We shouldn't do that."

"Why not?"

"Because..." Amber had to think about her words for a second, "you are a girl, and so am I."

"So?"

"That's not right," Amber snaps, making el widen her eyes as Amber closes her own tightly, "a girl and a girl doesn't mix. It's not how it works."

"But... we are friends?" So says, confused.

"Yes!" Amber agrees, "friends. But not more."

"More?"

"We can't kiss!" Amber explains, making a kiss noise, "get it? Understand?"

"I understand," El says sadly, looking down, Amber sighs, hearing her moms car pull up, she pulls El up quickly.

"Go to the basement," she says to her, "I'll come down soon, okay?" Amber asks and El nods, leaving her room. Amber yells out as she grabs the mascara on her table and throws it across the room.

She watches the bottle fall, breathing heavily, before shaking her head.

She did the right thing.