2💊

Shèyaa
I sighed for the tenth time in the last minute. Serah said she'd get me a job by Monday. It's Saturday and I am bored to death in here. I can't go anywhere because I don't know anybody plus am new here.

"Hi neighbour."I heard from next to me. I jumped so hard falling the couch.

"Gah dammit! Stop doing that!;I hissed standing up as Kentrell hollered in laughter. I sat up picking myself off the floor and onto the couch again. The boy just continued laughing.

"Good moorningggg."he sang out smiling again. How can a person be this happy? It's only ten in the morning.

"Aye you really need to stop popping into my house like that."I spat  glaring at him.

"It's a lovely day outside. You should come see."he said completely ignoring me. "You had breakfast yet?I brought you some."he shived a dish in my hands still giving me that creepy smile. I ain't even finish the food he prepared yesterday but that shit was bomb on soul. I could use this free meals because lordt knows I can't cook for shit.

"Aye why you doing all this?"I squinted my eyes at him.

"I just want you to feel welcome. You look like you could use some company. Your bored."he  smiled looking at me. I blinked. Huh?" Ouuu you should watch this show on this channel. It's really good ."he grabbed the remote about to turn on the tv.

"Erh that shit don't work. I tried working it bu-"i got cut off by the tv screen lighting up. He moved to a certain channel and then sat back looking at me.

"You were saying?"he asked innocently genuinely waiting an answer. My jaw dropped.

"How did you? What the- that shit wasn't working since yesterday."I pointed at the tv.

"Uhm you didn't plug in to the main power system."he shrugged getting invested in the show which was anime. I scrunched up my face in disgust. I ain't no kid to watch anime.

~©~
"Uh...will he fall off the cliff?"i asked completely invested on the screen. Kentrell tore his eyes from the screen looking at me for a second.

"I don't know."he said turning back to the screen. I couldn't help but gasp when the character jumped off the cliff only to grow wings and fly. I kissed my teeth.

"This shows just full of lies!"I rolled my eyes leaning back. Kentrell chuckled next to me making my stomach buzz.

"Lemme change the channel then if you ain't enjoying it."he reached for the remote which was between us.

"NO!"I yelled reaching for the remote too my hand resting on his which was already on the device. He raised his eyebrows looking at me amusement all over his features. I retreated my hand clearing my throat." I mean it's whatever."I shrugged sitting back.

"It's okay. I know its good."he reached over patting my shoulder a smile on his face. It wasn't a mocking one. I mean Kentrell is like an open book. So easy to read. His honesty is written all over him.

"Yeah okay. I ain't say allat though."I shrugged again. He laughed next to me and turned ready to cuss him out but he was focused on the screen.

"Gotta go. My momma is calling me."he said suddenly jumping up. I didn't hear anybody calling him." Bye tallsy"he waved opening the door.

"Ken-oh I was about to call for you."I heard a woman's voice.

"I know momma. Wochu nee-"the door closed leaving behind a sweet smell of lavender. Once again I was left stuck. Who the fuck is that boy?

~©~
I stood outside my house looking at my phone. It was giving me directions to the nearest store. I needed to buy some more toiletries.

"You need help tallsy?" Kentrell popped up next to me. I screamed. This nigga keep doing this shit.

"I'mma kill you if you pop up on me like that!"I said through gritted teeth snatching him up by his sweatshirt. The same smile never left his face.

"My apologies."he mumbled. Mane why he always cheesing like that?

"Is everything okay?"a woman yelled making me look up.

"Yes ma. I just need to show our neighbour the closet store " Kentrell yelled back.

"Oh okay."the woman said before disappearing into the house. I squinted my eyes at the boy who was only inches away from my face.

"Are you spying on me?"I growled. How did he know i was going to the store? He licked his lips then laughed slightly.

"Nooo. I am not spying on you."he laughed again wiggling slightly in my arms. I stared at him harder but there was only honesty in his eyes."uh...i'm floating."he said wiggling again in my arms. I noticed his feet weren't touching the ground.

"If I find out you are then trust me I will fuck you up!"I growled.

"Okay."he said plainly and I was so tempted to throw him across this street but I didn't. I'mma knew me. I put him down on his feet." Now come onnnn."he dragged me along.

"Good afternoon Kenny?"

"Good afternoon Mrs. Potts." Kentrell waved at the old woman.

"Who is that with you?"

"Our new neighbour."he said happily.

"How are you doing young man. Welcome to the neighbourhood."the lady said. I just nodded moving along. People were too nice around here.

By the time we got to the store half the town had said their hellows to Kentrell and I was about to snap.

"Does the whole town know you are what?"I huffed getting enough of all the wElcOme tO tHe nEiGhBoUrHoOd I was getting.

"Yes. The mayor is my dad."he said before happily skipping into the store. Huh? What?!