36

Kentrell
“What in onion dip's name is going on here?”

My eyes widened darting to Kirk who was staring at me and Sheyaa a mug plastered on his face. I swallowed harshly my mouth suddenly feeling dry. Sheyaa let go of me and faced Kirk a blank expression on his face. I watched as the both of them eyed each other saying nothing at all. Sheyaa then rolled his eyes dipping his hands into the pocket of his pants and moved to lean against the wall.

“Who are you? Kentrell who's this? “Kirk asked glaring at Sheyaa who in turn turned to me with raised eyebrows. My knees became weak.

“I-.” fuck my throat was sooo dry. What do I even say? My mind was blank as paper honesty. This morning started off at a hundred and I was still trying to keep up.

“Well? Answer me.” Kirk pressed crossing his arms expectantly. Sheyaa corked his head to aside silently telling me to answer.

“I-.” that was the only thing I could mange to get out of my mouth.

“Mayne just going to blubber like a drunk fish or you gon' actually answer the question?” Sheyaa pushed his weight off the wall straightening up as he watched me with a smug smirk on his lips. I glared at him silently wishing my eyes would kill him.

“Kentrell? “I swallowed hard  redirecting my eyes towards Kirk. Our argument yesterday replayed in my mind and I felt guilt churning at the pits of my stomach. I said some pretty fucked up shit to him. I was way out of line to be honest.

“He's a nobody Jo. I don't even know how he got in.” I glared pointedly at Sheyaa. I felt a sudden kick in my stomach making me wince. Ouch! That hurt. I frowned rubbing my stomach to soothe the pain. A dry chuckle reached my ears. Sheyaa shook his head the smug smirk still on his face.

“You seriously denying me? “he asked in that bland dry tone.

“Yes. Get out-ouch!" I winced again when I felt the kick in my stomach again. I can't believe this. Boy I know you not kicking me because I rejected your dumb ass daddy! I thought as I rubbed my stomach again. I felt the kick again but this time it was softer. Oh, hell no!

“Trell, you okay?” I didn't even realize both of them were fussing over me all in my personal space. I straightened up swatting their hands away.

“Yeah yeah. I'm fine. Now, “I turned to Sheyaa. “I don't want to see you. Leave.” I ignored the weird fluttering of my heart when we made eye contact. He looked much better than when I last saw him in that house with Riverah. In fact, he looked much better than I had seen him in months. He looked a little more like the man I married.
I watched as he rolled his eyes. He turned to Jonathan and eyed him for a solid two minutes.

“I'm his husband and the father of our unborn child. “he said simply then turned to me daring me to deny it. My eyes widened in surprise as butterflies filled up my stomach from his words. I turned to Jonathan and he had this look on his face. He was confused and surprised too. I just knew he wanted me to confirm those words. Well in all honesty, I liked Jonathan. Call it a crush and with everything that had been going on with Sheyaa let’s just say he served as a distraction. He was there for me at my lowest when my so-called husband turned on me and soooo this was one awkward situationship. I could see his eyes pleading with me to deny these outrageous claims.

“I-.” again that was the only thing my mind could come up with. I opened my mouth to say something else but nothing came out. My mind was blank again.

“Kentrell? Is this nigga saying the truth? “he asked in a clipped tone. I shifted on my feet looking from one to the other.

“I filed for a divorce. “I blurted out feeling cornered. Jonathan pursed his lips narrowing his eyes at me then he ran a hand over his face. Sheyaa chuckled moving back to lean against the wall.