26💊

Not proof read😩

Sheyaa
I pursed my lips pulling the wife beater over my head as I walked back out into the living room. My mom immediately stood up embracing me in one of her tight warm hugs.

"My baby."she cooed swinging us side to side. I sighed closing my eyes holding onto her tight. The smell of baked cookies and vanilla tickled my nostrils and I sighed again in satisfaction. Home.

"How are you? I missed you so much?"she finally pulled away. I bent over slightly as she cupped my face.

"I'm fine ma."a small smile tugged at the corners of my lips as I looked into the brown eyes. She was searching mine and after a minute she smiled back. I must admit that I'd prefer this smile any day compared to the worried and disappointed look she'd given me the day I had left for America.

"I can tell."she chuckled leading us to the couch opposite Serah.

"Wassup hoe?" Serah snapped munching on an apple. I rolled my eyes ignoring her presence all together." So you do got a lil something down there.I always under estimated yoh narrow lanky ass."she snickered a mischievous smile on her face.

"Bitch will you stop being weird."

"Now children...."my mom looked between us.

"Sorry ma."

"Now Sheyaa I'm glad to see you doing okay. At least you seem to be headed in the right direction but all games aside,who was that boy?"she crossed her arms giving me this hard skeptical look. I sighed biting my lower lip. "Well?"she coaxed when I didn't answer immediately.

"That's my boyfriend mama."

"Boyfriend? Boyfriend. It's barely been a year Sheyaa."

"I didn't plan on falling in love when I got here mother."

"Falling in lo-are you kidding me right now? Sheyaa Abraham-Joseph what is wrong with you? I sent you here to start a fresh new life but noooo you want to carry on with your bad habits!"she stood up and started pacing.

"It's not like that ma-"

"Oh? It's not?"

"No. I love him."I defended myself. She laughed shaking her head.

"Love?Okay then does he know why you came to America?"she stopped pacing and raised her eyebrows. I looked at my hands.
"I'm guessing no right? And you love him."her tone was sarcastic and full of accusation. I frowned lifting my head up.

"Yeah I do. I love him."there was no debate about it.

"You don't lie to people you love Sheyaa! You're gonna destroy that boy's life and you know it!"

"I won't! I love him."I stood up too.

"Y'all need to calm down." Serah said nervously from her spot.

"No what needs to be done is for your brother to tell that boy the honest truth and leave him alone. He already destroyed enough lives back home."she snapped looking at me. I looked away. She was right. It hurt.

"You brought me here to start a new life and that's what I'm doing. Kentrell is part of that new life and you asking me to leave him is you telling me that I can't move on from my past! You're basically telling me that I'll stay rooted to those demons and I'll never move past them!"I didn't mean to snap but she just hit a nerve.

"Baby no. Of course that's not what I'm saying. All I'm saying is it's too soon. Plus if you're really starting over you should be able to come clean and tell the other person the truth."she sighed. I looked at her like she was crazy.