s i x t e e n ☕️

joshua

i woke up in the clinic, and i noticed that my jacket and shoes were off. i looked at the clock; 4:48. it's been more than an hour since school ended, what am i doing here?

"oh, you're awake." a woman's voice said beside me. i got startled a little bit, before turning to my other side.

"mrs. seo? what am i doing here?" i asked as i saw mrs. seo put down the magazine she was reading.

"oh, apparently you passed out in the bathroom when school ended." she said. "don't worry, i already called your mom. she's picking you up in a few minutes."

then i remembered, i did pass out in the bathroom. i don't know the reason why, but as i was heading out the bathroom, i started feeling nauseous. eventually i lost consciousness and blacked out. i don't remember anything after that..

but mrs. seo doesn't seem like the teacher that would just take care of a student when they're passed out, she seems like the teacher that would call for another teacher to help them.

as if she was reading my mind, mrs. seo spoke, "i know what you're thinking. no, i didn't bring you here." she said.

"i found two students in the clinic and they were taking care of you. i'll tell you all the details; they put a cold towel on your forehead, checked your temperature, took off your jacket and shoes, and fanned you." she said, they were probably seungcheol and jeonghan.

"the person taking care of you was wonwoo," she said, leaving me in shock. wonwoo? i mean, he doesn't sound like that person who'd take care about me.

"and the other one was a girl. i forgot her name because she's new, but i think it's hyejin? or maybe hyewon? or maybe it was that sojung girl." she said with a shrug.

at that moment, someone knocked on the door. i looked and saw my mom. she, in a concerned way, waved at mrs. seo and i.

mrs. seo signaled me to get ready and she went outside. i stood up from my bed, but was suddenly hit by nausea. i groaned in pain but it eventually wore off. i put my shoes and my jacket back on, and got my bag from the floor then went outside.

mrs. seo bid farewell to us and left. "are you okay, josh?" my mom asked. "yeah." i replied.

i couldn't stop thinking, who was the girl that helped me? it could possibly be haewon, but she doesn't give a care about me. it could be sojung, but she probably doesn't like me. it could be that kang hyewon girl from my other class-- she's also new, i don't know!

anyway, i'm looking forward to the winter break. its the last week of school before winter break, and i'm excited to spend time with my family. i heard we were going to visit busan for christmas, and i'm pretty excited.

it was tuesday-- the next day. i didn't go to school because i had a 40.1 degrees celsius fever, so i took the day off to rest.

after school ended, seungcheol texted me.

s.coups✌️

s.coups✌️
dude why didnt ya go to school
a while ago?

jisoo
i have a lil fever

and i passed out yesterday

s.coups✌️
WTH?! YOU PASSED OUT?

but srsly r u ok

jisoo
yeah

i'll tell you the story when i go back to
school

s.coups✌️
ok

jisoo
aight ttyl
seen, 3:36 PM

when i went out of the texting app, i got another notification from it. i pressed on it, and was shocked to see who it was that texted me.

haewon💞

haewon💞
jisoo! are you okay? i heard from
wonwoo that you passed out
yesterday...

jisoo
yeah! i'm okay,, i just have a lil fever.

haewon💞
oof, is it bad?

jisoo
no, no. just a little headache. that's it,
don't worry :)

haewon💞
ok.

don't forget to take your medicine,
get well soon!

jisoo
thanks😊
seen, 3:42 PM

that was... weird. i found myself smiling like an idiot after conversing with her. it seems, too good to be true.

i don't understand you, haewon. one day you're avoiding me and being distant and the next day you're caring for me. whatever's going on, though, my feelings will always stay the same.

word count: 733 words