e i g h t e e n ☕️

(a/n: this is haewon's pov the day after the "joshua passing out" incident)

haewon

jisoo didn't go to school today. i figured he just needed to rest. what do i even care? i don't know.

i don't understand my body. my brain wants to care for him while my heart still dislikes him. yes, i said dislike because i feel like my hate for him lessened. but that doesn't mean i like him, okay? okay.

i told sojung about the incident yesterday. "so, why'd you do it?" she asked while chewing on her sandwich. sojung and i finally had some alone time on the benches inside school, just like the old days, before wonwoo and jisoo's squad joined.

we were about to go to the rooftop, but then realized that it was winter and it was probably covered in snow. our second choice were the benches outside school, but we guessed that it was probably gonna be freezing.

"i already told you, my mind just told me to." i said.

"looks like you care for him to me."

"oh, so now you're supporting the decision of me trusting him? oh hell no." i said.

"it's not that, it just seems like he's a new person." she said.

"what was that? sorry, i couldn't hear." i said sarcastically.

"HE SEEMS LIKE A NEW PERSON." she said loudly, to the point that i'm sure everyone around this area heard it.

"geez, sojung." i said with a face that said, 'ew, what are you talking about.' "what happened to you?"

she looked down. i knew immediately by the look in her eyes that,

"you like one of his friends, do you?" i said. she nodded hesitantly. "i cannot believe y-"

"i know! i'm so-"

"MY BABY SOJUNG IS GROWING UP." i said with the same loudness as her when she said that jisoo seemed like a new person.

i hugged her, and she looked surprised. "so, you're not mad?" she asked. i looked her dead in the eye.

"of course, i'm mad, sojung." i said, while she flinched a bit by my change. "you're frickin' in love with my disliked ex-lover's best friend."

"i'm sorry." she said.

"it's okay." i said, smiling. "who is it?"

"seungcheol." she mouthed.

"congrats, sojung. you're finally in the first stage of love."

little did sojung know the last stage of love was heartbeak. well, at least for me.

for me the stages of love were frequent looks at him, having a little crush, falling in love with him, and finally, heartbreak.

i was in a café, sipping some coffee until a guy's voice called me. "haewon?"

i looked up and immediately smiled. "taeyong!"

taeyong was my close friend in bora high school. i say close friend because he wasn't my best friend. we only talk during school days, because he didn't have a phone those days and i couldn't keep contact with him.

he knows about jisoo, though. he just doesn't know that he appeared in my life again.

"yo, it's been so long!" he said. "where do you study now? you never told me."

"i know! i study at cheongdam now." i looked at his face, nothing changed much. suddenly, his jaw dropped.

"you study there?!" he asked. i nodded. "i study there, too! what department are you in?"

"vocal department!" i said. "how come i never see you there?!"

he sat down on the seat in front of me. "i study in the rap department. the vocal department and the rap department are pretty far from eachother, so that's the reason we couldn't meet."

"ohh, yeah." i said. "anyway, do you have a phone now?" i said half-jokingly.

"actually, yeah!" he showed me his phone and gave me his number. we spent the afternoon catching up with eachother, and luckily, i didn't have any homework so i didn't have to worry to go home early.

after around one and a half hours, we both bid farewell to each other and parted ways.

sojung and taeyong weren't on very good terms back then, so i don't know how she'll react when she hears this news.

word count: 696 words