s e v e n t e e n ☕️

haewon

a month has passed, not very eventful. winter has came, and christmas is coming. oh, that also means that winter break is coming soon! i also heard that jisoo's birthday was coming, i don't know if i should care or not...

in addition, i rejected jeonghan, because of what seungcheol told me. it seemed to not affect him at all, which is a bit sad, but maybe he'd already fallen for someone else.

that kinda hurts, knowing how his feelings change so fast. i always wonder what would've happened if i didn't reject him and if i actually dated him. seungcheol may have saved me from heartbreak unlike that other girl, but then again i actually don't know if jeonghan has actually moved on from me.

"haewon! haewon!" someone called while i was walking in the hallways after school. i turned around and saw...

"wonwoo? why are you calling me?"

"i need some help. well, jisoo kind of..." he started, but before he could continue, i spoke.

"i don't wanna talk about jisoo right now. i just wanna go home, okay? sorry." i said as i turned around and was about to walk away until wonwoo spoke again.

"i found him passed out in the school's bathroom." he said. i turned around in shock. i know i dont really like him and care about him that much, but there was just something in the back of my head saying 'go check on him'.

i sped up to wonwoo's side, and we both started speed walking down the halls. "where is he now?" i asked. "in the clinic, but the nurse isn't there because she was sick today and took a day off."

"where are his friends?" i asked.

"i was looking for them and i looked everywhere but i couldn't find them. on my way back to the clinic, i found you."

school was already over so it explained why students weren't there anymore. i was still here because i left an important book for a test tomorrow in my locker. i was heading out when wonwoo called.

"where'd you find him?" i asked.

"as i said, in the school bathroom. nature was calling so i went to the bathroom before i went home. then i found him there."

just then we arrived in the clinic. i saw jisoo there, still passed out. first i checked his pulse, then i checked his temperature. he was burning.

"why couldn't you have done this yourself, wonwoo?" i asked.

"i'm not really good at this stuff... and he'll probably be happier to see you when he wakes up." he said. i looked at him weirdly. "what? it's the truth." he said with a light shrug.

"get a towel and soak it in cold water, will ya?" i asked wonwoo. "okay." he replied.

after a minute, wonwoo came back with a cold towel while i was fanning jisoo. i placed the cold towel on his forehead.

"can you like, take off his jacket and his shoes?" i asked, so that the heat from jisoo's body can lessen.

"why can't you do it?" wonwoo asked.

"because, i feel awkward when i do it..." i said, backing away from jisoo so wonwoo can take off his jacket.

"okay..." wonwoo said, chuckling. he took off his jacket and took off his shoes. wonwoo and i sat down on the chairs beside the bed where jisoo was laying on.

all of the sudden, the door opened. we turned around and saw mrs. seo, one of the teachers.

"students, what are you still doing here?" she asked. "and i know that the nurse is absent, why are you here?"

"uh, forgive us mrs. seo, but i saw jisoo laying on the bathroom floor, passed out. i looked for help but couldn't find anyone but haewon." wonwoo explained.

"oh, okay." she said, understandinh the situation. "well, is jisoo fine now?"

"he's still passed out, but i cooled him off a bit and apparently he has a fever." i said. "he should be fine now, we're just waiting for him to wake up.

"well, students, why don't you go home now? i'll take care of jisoo now." mrs. seo said with a smile.

"okay, miss." wonwoo and i said in unison as we headed out the clinic.

"don't forget to study for your test tomorrow." mrs. seo reminded as we just responded with a bow and nod.

wonwoo and i were walking to our homes, for we were to impatient to wait for the next bus. the next bus to our neighborhoods come in 30 minutes, we couldn't wait that long anymore.

luckily, wonwoo's apartment was just a few blocks away from my house, so i wouldn't walk that far alone. as we were nearing wonwoo's house, he spoke.

"so... i guess you care for jisoo now." he said. "this is the first time i actually seen you care for him."

i looked up at him, a bit surprised by his comment. hmm, i didn't think about that. maybe i am starting to care for him more.

word count: 851 words