4. The Jack Harrison Incident

Today was the day, that I met Charlie's fiancee, Jack

Today was the day, that I met Charlie's fiancee, Jack. I'm nervous that I might do or say something stupid. Something stupid like, "Oh, hey Jack! I'm in love with your future wife, but it's cool, we're friends only."

I want to make a good first impression to him. I just hope he's nice. I remember Charlie's address from the past 2 times I was there.

I parked my motorcycle behind a big, red pickup truck, and I had a feeling this was Jack's truck. I walked up the stairs and knocked on the door.

A tough-looking man probably about 6'2 opened the door. He looked like he could beat my ass if he wanted too.

"Can I help you," He asked.

I can tell he was from the UK.

Just great.

"Um, I'm a friend of Charlie's, and she invited me to meet you."

He smirked.

"Hmm, so you're Owen. Come in."

"Charlie," He yelled. "Your friend is here."

She then came down the stairs in yellow sundress, and he hair pinned up in a bun.

She looked like a ray of sunshine. But I couldn't stare at her for long, being that her fiancee is standing right beside me.

"I wanted to properly introduce you and other another," Charlie said.

I nodded at Jack, and he did the same.

"Jack this is my best friend, Owen, Owen this is my fiancee, Jack."

He stepped forward and shook my hand.

"I work for the United Nations, really, really big for me." He said in his arrogant voice.

"Wow, that's really cool, I was going to be a doctor, but I quit medical school."

Jack went to walk toward Charlie, but me being stupid, didn't know that my foot was in his way, and he tripped me on my foot, and landed head first on the hardwood floor.

"Oh my god," Charlie yelled.

She picked him up, and sat him by the open window. I got the tube of alcohol for the big cut on face. I hurried at dipped the big rag in alcohol, but I went too fast, and flicked it in his eye. He then screamed and fell backwards out the window.

Oh, God. What have I done?

💭💭💭💭💭💭💭💭💭
We went to the Privett University Hospital, to treat Jack. It feels weird being here. I haven't been the close to the college ever since you know who and you know what.

Charlie and I found out that Jack had a mild concussion, but would be out of the hospital shortly.

"I'm really sorry about Jack. Please don't think I did it on purpose," I begged Charlie.

She smiled then shook her head.

"I know you didn't do it on purpose, and besides Jack in clumsy anyways," She smiled at me. We started at each other for a couple of minutes before a voice broke our intense staring contest.

"OWEN?"

Shit. You know who was still here! Abort mission! Get out of there, Owen! Now!

I would have listened to my conscience, but my feet would absolutely not let me move.

"Hi, Owen! I haven't seen you since 2 years ago, when everything happened. How have you been?"

"Fine."

I didn't feel like talking to Penny. It was awkward. And she could see it in my face and in my tone. She then looked from me to Charlie.

"Oh, hi."

All Charlie did was smile shyly. I smiled at her. Penny picked that up, and then asked, "Are you Owen's girlfriend?"

"No, I'm here because my fiancee is in here from a series of unfortunate events."

"Yeah," I added. "We are just friends."

"Well, it's so nice to see you," she added before walking away.

That had to be the most awkward thing ever.

Jack got out of the hospital a couple of days after we ran into Owen's ex-girlfriend there

Jack got out of the hospital a couple of days after we ran into Owen's ex-girlfriend there. She was so pretty. I could never be her I thought. She had delicate, flowing hair, and all the matter she looked like a model. I was kind of jealous. But I won't show it towards Owen.

"Hey," I came in through the front door. "I'm home!"

Jack was sitting on the couch reading 'The Great Gatsby' by F. Scott Fitzgerald. He's such a book nerd. He looked up from his page before putting a sticky note on it, and gently laying the book down on our table.

"Hello," He said as he gave me kiss.

"You said you wanted to talk to me about something."

"Oh yes, so you know how it's usual me working for the UN, well I might be moving to Dublin, but only for six months."

I froze. My fiancee is leaving me again. This isn't a surprise. The past two times he's been away he's been in the UK and France.

I felt my face drop, and he noticed before taking my face in his hands. "Hey, you've been through this before, it's just this last time, and then we'll be married. Ok?"

I nodded and gave him a sad smile. He kissed the top of my forehead before getting up and walking away. I know that Owen and I have been spending a lot of time together, but I really missed Jack.

But he's leaving again. I guess I'll just have to go and spend time with the one person I know who will make me feel better...

And that's Owen.