7. My Best Friend's Crazy Wedding: Part 2

As I walked down the aisle with my father, I see the scene in front of me unfold

As I walked down the aisle with my father, I see the scene in front of me unfold. Glistening chandeliers, my family and friends sitting down in the audience, our bridesmaids and groomsmen in their beautiful dresses and tuxedos. It was so beautiful.

I had tears in my eyes, I could help but cry at this beautiful day that had arrived. I walked up to the altar and smiled at Doug, and he gave me a wink.

"We are gathered here today, to celebrate the wedding of Millie Nicole Summers and Doug Robert Eisenhower. You two may now start your vows," the minister said.

I stepped up first.

"Doug, when I first met you, I knew that you'd be the one that I would be with for the rest of my life. You were with me through my ups and downs. And so many people doubted me, but you were there to prove them wrong. You stuck by me, and could only thank you in the best way possible, in which my senior year, I gave you my vriginity-"

Everybody broke into laughter.

"-But I know one thing, and that is that I love you very, very much."

Everyone then broke into awwwing.

"Millie, you are my rock. When my father passed away and my mom had cancer, you were the one of the two people I could turn to whenever I was feeling down. When I first met you, I thought you were the most beautiful girls I had ever seen. You were brave and hard on the outside, and sweet and nerdy on the inside, and that's why I love you, so very much," I declared.

I wiped my tears away, and smiled, while the audience looked at each other putting there hands over their hearts, and once again, awwwing.

"At this time if there's anyone who objects to the marriage, speak now or forever hold your peace," said Minister Reeves.

"Now, the the power vested in me, I now pronunce you husband and wife, you may now kiss the bride."

I stepped forward and kissed Millie with all my heart while the crowd stood up and cheered. We both looked out into the crowd to see our parents smiling with teary eyes. I smiled at Millie, and then I carried her down the altar and out the building.

Ding ding!

Ding ding!

"Alright, it's time for our us to do wedding speech by my fellow friends," said Doug as he tapped his dining spoon against the champagne glass.

As everyone else including Millie and Doug's family and friends had went up to do their speeches, I stared at Charlie. She looked so breathtaking in that bridesmaids dress. I wanted to go over and talk to her, but then her sister, Amelia, had came in front her and pulled her to the side. I can see that she was confused as to why she was here at someone's wedding that she wasn't friends with.

"Hey sissy," Amelia said as she walked over to me

"Hey sissy," Amelia said as she walked over to me. A look of confusion expressed my face.

"Um, what are you doing here?"

She grabbed my arm and pulled me to the side.

"Well, I felt bad the I couldn't make it to your friend's wedding service, so I decided to come to the reception!" Her smile was wide.

"But you don't even know-" I started before she interrupted me, and looked up at the stage.

"Ohhh, he's that cute boy from the party!"

I turned to the stage to see Owen walk up to the stage in his hot suit. Gosh, he was so hot.

"I'm going to get drinks and cake," Amelia whispered in my ear. "I'll be right back."

The static electricity from the microphone caused a high pitched sound before Owen spoke into the microphone.

"Hi, I'm Owen Adams, and I've been best friends with Doug since the 8th grade. I've seen him go through many things in his life. But all the sadness changed since he met Millie. They this sort of connection."

"Yeah, we do," Doug yelled, and we laughed.

"I actually remember the day Millie and Doug met, and it was exceptional. If your lucky like these two, it happens once in a lifetime, but if your unlucky, you have to come to weddings and hear people like me talk about the subject, and assume we're hopeless romantics,-"

Everyone started to laugh as I smiled.

"-It's very easy to be cynical about love, but tonight, this is heart. So, to Millie and Doug, for making love look easy," he stated as he raised his glass and we did the same.

I realized the whole time, he looked at me while making that speech. It had me thinking the entire time he looked at me: Do I like Owen?

There was no need for more thinking....

I liked Owen.

Hey! Can you spot where Owen's speech is from? If you can, you rock!

Xx
Dede 🤓