12. A Huge Mistake

"Uncle Owen?" My 12 year old nephew called me

"Uncle Owen?" My 12 year old nephew called me. In all honesty, I was too sad to talk to anyone. I don't really have anything to say.

"Not right now, Johnny."

"But, Uncle Owen-"

"I said not right now, Johnny."

I heard a sigh and movements down the stairs.

I laid on my bed, and looked at the ceiling. Honestly, I would have killed to be in Taiwan with Charlie. But, she accused me of breaking up her and Jack. The guy was a jerk to her. Yeah. I talked to Amelia again. And to be honest. I really think she was using Jack as break through. She had feelings for me as well, and just didn't want to own up to it.

"OOOOWWWENNNN!"

I know that voice anywhere. It's my sister, Olivia. And apparently, her and Johnny won't leave me alone at my worst, so I'm go downstairs to "talk" to my family.

I trudged down the steps, to find her standing in the kitchen angrily, and Johnny on the couch playing a video game.

"What is soo important, that you have to ignore my son." I looked at her as she took a big bite of her sandwich.

"Fine," she says while chewing. "I'm a bad mother. And when Johnny grows up, he's gonna blame me for all his problems, and the circle of life can continue. You know I'm doing the best I can. Which is all any of us can do, except you. You are not doing the best you can do! You-"

I stopped and looked at her as she swallowed the big chunk of sandwich she had in her mouth the whole time she was speaking.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

She rapidly moved her hands back and forth toward her throat, indicating that she was choking.

"You're choking! Okay, I'm good to try and heimlich you."

I heimliched her three times before she spit out a big chunk of the sandwich.

We both looked down at the floor and looked at the coughed-up sandwich ball, before Olivia took another bite of her sandwich.

"You're not a bad mom. You know that, right?" I said as I patted her on the shoulder.

Olivia sighed. "It wasn't exactly my plan that you should be my son's primary role model, but you are."

I might not see my sister often, but I love her so much.