1 | Everything Has Changed

"Please sign here and here," the lawyer stated pointed at the two places where Elena would need to sign. Damon and Stefan Salvatore have decided to sign over their house, temporarily of course, to Elena for safety. This way there will be no unwanted guests and she would be safe from Klaus.

"Okay," she said smiling brightly.

"So this house is yours now and they just gave it to you?" Bonnie asked

"For now," Elena began, "As the owner, I am the only one who can invite a certain type of person in here, if you know what I mean."

"Your own personal safe house."

"That's the idea."

"Wouldn't want to clean it."

The two best friends stood up and walked over to the door where the two vampire brothers stood behind. "Thank you, Mr. Henry," Elena said opening the door for him. After he left the two brothers attempted to walk in but were stopped by an invisible barrier.

"I'm sorry I completely forgot," Elena said turning toward Stefan, "Stefan. Would you like to come inside my house?"

"I would love to. Thank you," the younger Salvatore brother stated entering the house.

She then turned to Damon, "What are we twelve?"

"One of us is. If I let you in, do you promise to obey the owner of this house?"

"No."

"Seriously, Damon. My way. You promised. I call the shots. No lies, no secret agendas. Remember?"

"Yes, Elena. Sure."

"Then please, come in."

Damon then entered the house and looked at Stefan, "Shut up."

Bonnie walked back in from the other room and handed Elena her jacket. "Thanks," Elena stated.

"Wait, where are you going?" Stefan asked.

"To school."

"Huh?"

"No, no, no. We didn't create a safe house for you to leave it," Damon stated as though it should be obvious.

"Yeah, guys, Klaus is out there. We know that."

"Right. But where? No one knows. Look, I really appreciate what you guys are doing. And I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that I'll be safe here, but I'm not going to be a prisoner," Elena said turning to Damon as he tutted. "Your way, Elena."

"Don't worry, I'm ready. If he shows his face, I can take him, I know how," Bonnie stated referring to her powers.

"The way I see it, next to Bonnie is the safest place that I can be. Come on," Elena said walking out the door.

"Wait, um, coming," Stefan said reluctantly.

Everyone took their seats before class began. Elena took the poster for the 60s dance out her bag and showed it to Stefan smiling. She then shows it to Bonnie and Maya who both nod their head in response. "Hello, class. What are we learning today?" Alaric spoke, seeming a little off.

"With the decade dance tonight, we've been covering the sixties all week," Dana spoke up.

"Right. The sixties," he said slowly turning and catching Elena's eye. He stared for a moment before turning toward the board, "The, uh, ahem..." he said clearing his throat and writing 'The 60s' on the board before turning back to the class. "The sixties. I wish there was something good I could say about the sixties," he began with a chuckle, "but... Actually, they kind of sucked. Except for the Beatles, of course. They made it bearable. Uh, what else was there? The Cuban Missile thing, the...we walked on the moon. There was Watergate."