15 | Clarity

"How are you?" Liam asked from the bed.

"We can't keep doing this," Maya says as she pulls his shirt over her head and looked around for her pants. "Someone's going to find out and I'm going to have a lot of explaining to do."

"Last time I checked, you asked me to come over."

"Hmm, fine, this is the last time though, so I hope you enjoyed it."

"Oh, I did."

Maya's ears perked up when she heard commotion downstairs. She ran out of her room and down the stairs, despite Liam's protests.

"What the hell is going on?" Maya asked when she saw the seen.

"Just the girl we were looking for," Pastor Young said as an officer walked over to her and pulled out cuffs.

"What are you doing?" she asked as the officer arrested her.

"Just doing a bit of pest control."

Maya suddenly felt light headed and her vision began to blur. Unable to keep herself up any longer, she fell into the officers arms and passed out.

The van shook as it carelessly drove over the gravel road. Maya slowly came to, to find both Rebekah and Caroline staring at her. She tried to yank off the ropes but ultimately failed.

"Vervain ropes. Looks like Alaric outed us all to the Council," Caroline explained.

"Vervain doesn't affect me, it's something else," Maya said furrowing her eyes in confusion.

"The Council? What exactly do they think they can do to me?" Rebekah asked, laughing slightly.

The wheels of the van screeched and the van flipped over sending the three flying. It lands on its sides and the girls remained unharmed, just shocked.

"What the hell happened?" Rebekah asked

The door flew as though someone yanked it off.

"Tyler?" Caroline questioned causing Maya's head to snap in the direction where he stood.

"I'm harder to kill than you think," Tyler said yanking off the ropes that held Maya and Caroline down.

"You're alive? How are you alive?" Caroline said as a tear trailed down her face.

"No time. Come on, we've got to go."

Caroline and Maya hopped out of the van.

"Wait, what about me?" Rebekah asked confused.

"Keep 'em busy, little sister!" he said before leaving Rebekah alone.

They were making their way through the woods when Caroline could no longer hold herself back. She super sped over to a tree pushing Tyler up against it and made out with him.

"I never thought I'd see you again! I don't get it. How are you alive?"

"This is going to sound incredible, but I...."

"Oh come on, at least let me get out of ear shot," Maya groaned in annoyance as Caroline silenced him with a kiss.

"Easy, love. Wrong time. Wrong place. Wrong equipment," the alleged Tyler said causing Maya to vamp speed back to the two and find them both shirtless.

"What did you just say?" Maya asked shooting Tyler a look.

"Did you just call me 'love'?" Caroline asked taking a step back.

"I don't know, love. Did I?"

"Oh my God," Maya said forcing back a smile that threatened to creep on her face.