6 | I Need To Know

Maya found herself walking through the woods. She entered the old abandoned house where the witches were burned. Voices began whispering around her as she entered the basement and saw four coffins. She walks toward the coffin that was raised slightly higher and it opened. Klaus was inside, holding Elena's necklace. She then reached in to grab it but she heard a noise behind her causing her to turn around. Before she could see what it was, she woke up with a shout.

Tyler woke up at the shout and immediately went to his sister's room, "What happened?"

"Nothing, it was just a bad dream."

"You haven't had a dream that you could remember since you were younger and had that same dream about the woods."

"Yeah, well it wasn't that dream, and I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive, go back to bed."

Maya met up with Bonnie and Elena for some long needed girl time.

"I feel like I'm going crazy. Totally paranoid all the time," Elena said after explaining what happened on her jog.

"You have a right to be. Klaus is still out there and he knows you tried to kill him," Bonnie said in an attempt to comfort her.

"Why hasn't he made a move? There has been no sign of him. Nothing. Just my slow spiral into insanity."

"Join the club. Everytime I close my eyes, I have that nightmare. On repeat."

"The same dream?"

"Yeah! Four coffins, Klaus is in one of them. It's weird."

"Wait," Maya said cutting the conversation off, "was he holding Elena's necklace?"

"Yes..." Bonnie said in confusion.

"Oh God," Maya groaned rubbing her temples.

"What?" Elena asked.

"I've been having the same dream."

"What if it's not just some dream? What if it's like...you know...witch dream? I mean with everything going on lately Maya, it's possible."

"It's just stress. We'll figure it out. And what about Stefan? Has there been any sign of him?"

"He betrayed us Bonnie. The Stefan that we know is gone."

"How is Damon handling it?"

"Damon is...Damon."

Maya stood up and walked to the bar, sitting next to where Damon sat, leaving Bonnie and Elena to their conversation. After a few flirtatious comments and flips of her hair, Maya managed to get herself a shot from the bartender.

She went to take a swing of it when it was suddenly taken from her. "Nice of you to think of me," Alaric said with Maya's drink in his hand.

"Buzzkill."

"Where's Jeremy?" Alaric asked throwing down his end of term paper that had a big fat 'F' on it. "He didn't even try and cover it up, just straight up copy and paste."

"Wait, are you talking about Jeremy as in Jeremy Gilbert?" the bartender asked.

"Yeah."

"He was fired a week ago."

"Looks like you have other things to worry about," Maya said before taking her shot back and she then took it before Alaric could protest. "I needed that more than you know."

Alaric shot her a look before taking the paper and leaving. Alongside him, Bonnie had also left to see if she could figure anything out about the dream.