10 | Hold On

Maya rubbed her head and slowly sat up. She looked around the cellar to see it was all the same only Bonnie and her mother were waking up.

"What happened?" Bonnie groaned.

"Original mother got the jump on you," Maya explained standing up.

"What?"

"The thing in the coffin that's supposed to help kill Klaus? Not a thing, a person, and it's his mother."

"How do you know that?"

"Doesn't matter, I have to get home before my mom notices I never went home."

"There's mail for you, Maya!" Mayor Lockwood shouted from the kitchen.

"What is it?" Maya shouted back.

"Looks like an invitation."

Maya groaned before getting up and joining her mom in the kitchen. She opened it up and read aloud, "Please join the Mikaelson Family, this evening at seven o'clock. For dancing, cocktails and celebration."

"Who are the Mikaelson's?"

"The Original family," Maya said when she noticed a note on the back that read, 'It's time we have a proper meeting. - Esther'

"I have to go, but if you need me to pick you up a dress, I will."

"Yeah, I don't think I'm going."

"It's up to you but I think you should go," she said before leaving the house.

She heard a knock at the door and opened to find no one there. She looked down and found a box that had her name neatly written on an envelope. She opened the envelope to find the same invitation she had gotten from Esther, only this time when she flipped it over it was a note from Klaus. 'Save me a dance. Fondly, Klaus.' Rolling her eyes she removed the lid to find a beautiful dark red, almost maroon dress. She admired it for a moment before quickly putting the lid back on the box.

She then called Elena to ask if she had been invited to the stupid dance but was sent to voicemail. Sighing slightly she looked at the clock to see that it was three so she had a while to decide if she truly wanted to go.

Elena had managed to convince Maya to go so that she wouldn't have to deal with Esther alone. As she skims threw her closet in an attempt to find a dress she noticed, from the corner or her eye, the box that Klaus had sent her slightly ajar, revealing the red dress. Picking it up she decided this would be the dress she wore, not because it meant anything, but because she didn't have another option.

She looked at herself in the full length mirror. The dress hugged her waist and flowed out onto the floor. It was perfect.

She drove herself to the party, she finally had the car to herself seeing as Tyler left to deal with his sire bond problem.

She approached the door, letting out a sigh, before entering. Klaus noticed as soon as she entered and joined her from across the room.

"Good evening," Klaus said with a cross between a smirk and a smile.

"Yeah, I need a drink," Maya said before walking away and joining Finn and Elena who were standing by the drinks.

"Elena Gilbert, I presume? I'm Finn Mikaelson. You're here to see my mother."

"Is she here?"

"Her request did not include your friends," he said shooting a look toward Maya.

"Actually, I was invited by both your mom and brother so apparently Mama dearest doesn't tell you a lot of things."

"They're protecting me. You may not know but your mother's already tried to kill me once."