5 | Keep Breathing

"Let's say that Mikael followed Elena in here. He tried to grab her, so he could use her as bait," Stefan suggested.

"And you what? Vervained him?" Elena suggested.

"No, we vervained him! This guy is an Original. Try to make it realistic," Damon added.

"Okay, fine. We vervained him, and in the process discovered that he had a dagger."

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah, but instead..." Elena trailed off.

"We drove it through his heart," Maya piped up.

"And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" Stefan asked.

"Good point! You my brother have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So the idea is to lure him back here and kill him...last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue-tied."

"Well, don't look at me. I am just in charge of getting him back here."

"Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael is dead, he'll want proof," Elena pointed out.

"Then I shall be dead," Mikael said entering the room dramatically.

"What if he wants to see you in person?"

"Well that means our plan is working. Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him."

"With what? Those daggers won't work on him."

"Well, I'm in possession of a stake fashioned from the wood of the ancient white oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burned."

"Where is it?" Stefan asked intrigued.

Mikael dipped the dagger in the white oak ash, "Not here. The knowing of its location is my insurance policy."

"Against what?"

"You leaving this in my heart."

"You sure as hell deserve it," Maya remarked not intending on anyone hearing but she then remembered she was in a room full of vampires.

"Excuse me?" Mikael said a little shocked that Maya would speak to him that way.

"Klaus didn't just become evil, you made him that way. You treated him horribly and he is only the way he is now because of you."

"I should kill you right now you filthy mutt."

"Aw, that's cute, you think I'm scared of you."

Mikael then hissed and took a step closer to her, she took the dagger from his hand, and plunged it into his heart, "Bye, bye."

Stefan then called up Klaus who answered after the first ring.

"Portland is fantastic. Once you get over all the whiny music and healthy looking people, it is literally a breeding ground for werewolves."

"Your father is dead."

"What did you say to me?"

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father and not dead. Mikael. Daggered. What do you want me to do with the body?"

"Well, first I want you to explain to me exactly what happened."

"Mikael followed Elena to our house, he was going to use her as bait to get to you. Damon and I then vervained him and Maya stabbed him with the dagger covered in white oak ash."

"I wanna see him. I want to see his rotting body for myself."

"Well, he is here. Come by whenever."