2 | The Kids Aren't Alright

"Oh, come on! Seriously?! Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?!" Caroline shouted when Matt walked in setting off all of the mouse traps.

"Forgot about senior prank night, huh?" Tyler asked.

"Clearly," Matt stated bemused.

"How could you forget? We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year."

"Yeah, Matt. If I'm doing this, you're doing this," Elena added.

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this."

"Caroline's making us," Bonnie pointed out.

"We're about to be seniors. These are the memories that will stay with us forever, and if we don't..."

"And if we don't create these memories now, then what's the point of it all?" Maya finishes for her.

"Go ahead and make fun, I don't care."

"You're all lame. And I've got ten more classrooms to prank," Tyler said before picking up his bag and leaving.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Bonnie asked Elena.

"To superglue Alaric's desk shut. I'm making memories," Elena said shaking to super glue bottles.

"Ooo, let me help," Maya said following behind Elena smiling.

"I love you two!" Caroline shouts after them.

Elena laughs, opening the double doors but can't enter, "There's my girl."

"Klaus!" Elena shouted causing Maya to hide the best she could.

Elena turned to run but Klaus was already in front of her, "You are supposed to be dead. What are we going to do about that? Lets go, you too little wolf."

Maya came out from her position behind the doors. "Hmm."

Klaus had Elena by the arm but allowed Maya to walk herself.

"You put a rather large kink in my plans, sweetheart. The whole point of breaking the curse and becoming a hybrid was to make more hybrids. I haven't been able to do that. Now my bet is, it has something to do with the fact that you're still breathing."

"If you're going to kill me, just do it!" Elena pointed out.

"Not until I know I'm right. But I do have ways of making you suffer," he said before pulling her into the gym. Klaus then spoke in a faux American accent, "Attention, seniors. You have officially been busted. Prank night is over. Head on home."

"You two, I remember you," Klaus said reverting back to his actual accent and pointing toward Dana and Chad.

"I'm sorry. Who are you?" Dana asked confused.

"Oh, don't worry, I wasn't in my right head last time we met."

He then compelled her and said, "Lift your foot up, please, Dana." After she does this he turns to Chad, compelling him as well, "If she drops her foot, Chad, I want you to beat her to death. Understood?" Chad merely nodded.

"Nobody has to get hurt, Klaus, you don't have to do this," Maya pointed out.

"Oh, come on, love. Of course I do."

"Keep it up," Klaus said to a wobbly Dana. Maya began to worry so she went over to Dana and helped her stand up. This caused Klaus to stare at her in bewilderment. "What on earth are you doing?"

"Trying to make sure no one dies tonight."

"Where's Stefan? What did you do to him?" Elena began to ask frantically.